All reviewsgolf coursegas fireplaceluxury suitegolf clubjetted tubprivate balconymayo clinicfry's grocery storecoffee makersmall poolpeace and quietwalk in showershort driverooms are spaciousseparate bedroomspa servicesphoenix area
Reviewed April 2, 2012

What a beautiful experience. It was our first time in Arizona and we wanted to see all those postcard pictures in real life. This boutique hotel brought us there. It was late when we arrived, but the hotel management waited until after 1am for us. You need to notify them if you are coming in after midnight. We had a huge double queen suite, with fireplace and balcony. Our windows looked out to the desert and moutains on one side, and out onto a green luscious golf course on the other side. The jacuzzi in the bathroom was wonderful, and parking was easy. We ate the next day at the golf course next door. Breakfast was huge, but waitstaff at the golf club restaurant appeared put off. We were wondering if they were short staffed and she was unhappy to be working there that day. The meal made up for her discontented attitude.

We were going to golf there--free golf club usage if staying at the inn, but changed our mind. We decided to go horseback riding instead. I think it was $60 a half hour for private golf lessons.

As for the hotel, it was about a 1/2 hour drive from where we rented our car at the airport. (You have to take a shuttle from the airport to get to where all the car rentals are.) There was plenty of free parking on site at the Eagle Inn. The hotel consists of several "casitas.' It is not your standard Hampton Inn, but rather a lovely resort style hotel, with individual enclaves. There was no exercise facility on site, but they could hook you up with an exercise facility. The pool outdoors was small, but they lent you white terry cloth robes which some guests used over their swimsuits.

The front desk clerk answered all our questions, printing out mapquest directions, and was just plain hospitable--so rare these days.

The hotel was located about a 20 minute car ride to some really cool horseback riding at Trail Rides--Fort McDowell Adventures. A road runner ran across the road as we were driving. We gloried in the purple moutains (majesty), and the huge segura cactus. The horses were the sweetest horses we had ever been on. They were so docile!! No kicking, biting, running, etc. We loved it.

We would definitely go back. Unlike Phoenix, Scottsdale, or Tempe, this location is real desert, really relaxing. The price was excellent too.

Room Tip: Ask for room across from the main lobby if your are arriving late at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4okay
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

4okay,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Inn at Eagle Mountain! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and found the staff at the Inn to be so hospitable.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had with the staff at the Grille and I will be sure to share your experience with them.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back the Inn in the near future!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This property is a little out of the way from Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix, but not that far. The units are really comfortable and well done. Recommend !!

Room Tip: Luxury suites are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

NRC1,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of the Inn at Eagle Mountain!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here this last weekend. When we checked in we were pleasantly suprised we had been upgraded to a king suite with an amazing view! I can not say enough about how great this place was to stay. Quiet! We ordered room service in the morning and the breakfast was wonderful. We will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Lisa,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Inn at Eagle Mountain! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the upgrade and the view as well as your room service!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Inn at Eagle Mountain sometime very soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The Inn is away from the busyness of Scottsdale proper but close enough to get to anywhere quickly on the freeway. Beautiful views of the golf course and Phoenix valley! The course looked beautiful but unfortuntely we didn't get a chance to golf it --maybe next time. Our room was very spacious, clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. We enjoyed the use of the pool and hot tub which are small but nice and barely used it seemed. You have to leave the premises for meals unless you order room service from the clubhouse. There is a small fridge in the room and a grocery store nearby which works well for snacks and light breakfast items. There is also a coffee maker in the room and I understand microwaves are available on request. This was a room I looked forward to returning to at the end of the day. The only downside of our experience was spotty WiFi reception - it would come and go so if you are relying on it for business it might not be the best choice. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up the mountain or on the 2nd floor for amazing views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lois L
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Lois,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Inn at Eagle Mountain. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and looked forward to returning to it at the end of the day. I hope you will have a chance to play the golf course during your next visit as it is one of the best and most unique in the valley.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with internet. I am not sure as to when specifically you stayed but over the past weekend we did experience some uncommon issues with our network. Although these issues have been fixed, I would strongly encourage you to contact me directly to let me know what room you stayed in so I can have our staff ensure that the internet in that area is working properly.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the Inn at Eagle Mountain sometime soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Just arrived home to Canada from a fabulous weekend at The Inn on Eagle Mountain. The hotel is a little off the beaten track in Fountain Hills in AZ. This is exactly what we wanted. Our room was decorated in the southwestern theme...clean...comfortable.. and the view..amazing. We stayed in room 262..I would ask to stay on the second floor as you can look over the golf course and the rest of the property. The stars at night were amazing. We had a king size bed, fireplace, jetted two person tub and seperate shower and a wonderful balcony to sit and enjoy the sunrise and sunsets. We also ate at the clubhouse for two breakfasts. The staff were very friendly and the food was great..I highly recommend the breakfast burrito with homemade salsa. We thouroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay and would highly recommend this area to anyone..about a half hour from the airport..and 15 mins to oldtown scottsdale...especially if you don;t want to be in the hussle and bussle of Scottsdale.
Cant wait to visit again and try out the pool and hot tub with a fabulous view of the golf course!

Room Tip: Second floor..better views and no neighbors above you. They are only two stories high..only complaint is that the plumbing is noisy if your neighbors are having a tub in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank billykatOntario
Eagle_Mountain, General Manager at Inn at Eagle Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

billykatOntario,

Thank you for your review of the Inn at Eagle Mountain! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!

I am happy to hear that 262 worked out so well for you as it is one of our more popular rooms due to the location and views it offers. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Grille and the breakfast burrito!

Thank you again for your review of the Inn at Eagle Mountain and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!