“Run of the Mill”
Review of Sapori D'italia

Sapori D'italia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sapori D'Italia brings a piece of Italy to Fountain Hills, AZ. Enjoy some of the finest Italian dishes prepared from our kitchen to your table. Everything is made from scratch, including our mozzarella and pasta. We use only the highest quality ingredients such as flour and tomatoes imported from Naples.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Run of the Mill”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

House guests from the East took us to Sapori just before Christmas. I had heard good things about this restaurant, but, have to say, I was rather disappointed. Their menu is standard Italian fare....eggplant this, parmesan that, veal here, chicken there. Our friends opted for the veal, which they found to be dry and chewy. I went with the eggplant, which was okay.....but not outstanding. It was a busy night for them, but even so, the service was very slow. It was at least 90 minutes before we finally got our entrees. Not good.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank D H

Phoenix, Arizona
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I live in Phoenix and always make a point to come to Sapori D'italia when I am in Fountain Hills. My husband and I went there last night and I noticed the new decor. It's not my favorite, but that's not why I go there. The food is consistently amazing! I've been there several times (last night was our first weekend dinner) and the service has always been great! We had Zack as our server and he gave us fast and friendly service! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and we will be going back next time we are in the area or celebrating a special occasion! This place has the best authentic Italian food in Arizona!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Kelly V
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hit & Miss”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went here twice. 1st time with my folks (they are a little older) and had a great time on their patio. Service was excellent, food was excellent and all was just fine. Next time we went with my brother and got seated promptly, got some of their yummy bread and ordered. Then what happenned was bizarre. Just as we thought it was time to get the food a rather rude older woman asked us to move to a different table that was smaller (3 in our party) so a larger group of 6 could sit together. We obliged as they said they would comp us desert for our efforts. So then we waited, waited watched the table of 6 get served (we had been there a good 15-20 mins before them) and then they ordered desert and finally our main meal arrived. As they were leaving I overheard something like thanks (to the older hostess) for moving those people and getting us our dinners right away. So I sumised that they were friends or relatives and they just "pushed" us to the bottom so they were taken care of. I have never experienced anything like this elsewhere in all my years of going out. My brother lives in Fountain Hills and we would have gone back there but there is no way - no how I would ever go in to a place like that period. So like some of the other reviews it is about 50 - 50 if the service will be good. The food is very good but when dinning in a place that costs $20 - $30, they should at least have service that matches a denny's!

Visited December 2012
9 Thank Cpjules
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Love this place!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We go often, and appreciate the home made pasta by Maria. The place has had a makeover, the ambiance is "retro", it is nice. Still a bit loud, inside, the ceilings are low. The patio is lovely. The Caesar salad was fUll of garlic, very tasty. The bread was hot out of the oven.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Lynda R
Potomac, Maryland
“Not sure how to rate our experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went here with friends and family in the newly renovated restaurant. Nice atmosphere; nice, friendly hostess; seated promptly. And waited and waited. And waited. And waited. Felt rather parched and asked for water a few times. Finally someone from our table got up to get it. When they finally brought water, they brought us hot bread which I loved - it was like the pizza dough, with olive oil and garlic. Yum. Enjoyed our salads. Our friends told us the calamari was amazing, so we ordered 3 for the table. Just ok, nothing memorable. So then 5 out of 6 of our entrees came. My husband's did not. The same person got up at least twice to say that this was "unacceptable." We five finished our meals. My husband's food then arrived. It was embarrassing for all of us. At least the gentleman who served my husband's dinner apologized, told us it was totally his fault, and did not charge us for that entree or for dessert for our table. My cousin picked up the tab, but I'm hoping he did not leave much tip. They have to work on the service, because the atmosphere is nice (we sat outside, under some grape-shaped lights) and the food was good and the prices were reasonable. But the frustration and aggravation may not be worth it.

• Visited November 2012