What a perfect stay!! Everything about the CopperWynd was luxurious, from our arrival to our departure.
We stayed for 6 nights just before the Labour day long weekend and we had the place to ourselves! We had booked 3 rooms and each were located on the 2nd floor of the main buildings, offering a wonderful view of the mountains and the city. The lobby is amazing with comfy sofas and a nice bar.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and above all... QUIET! they offer a real residential feel, so you feel at home. The bathroom is huge with seperate glass shower, good size bath and separate toilet, so you can be two to prepare for your day, but never be in each other's way. There are ample towels and twice daily housekeeping service, so your room is always tidy and made up. Turndown service is impeccable.
I loved that I never saw housekeeping, but the property and our rooms were spotless, well maintained and welcoming!
The pool is spacious and the service is attentive. Huge towels and plenty of ice water. The waterfall in the backdrop really gives it a spa-like atmosphere. Didn't need to go to the "adults only" pool as the main one was quiet, and it was too warm for the whirlpool.
I didn't try the spa, but my mother-in-law did, and although the rates are a little steep, it was the best facial experience ever. The treatment was 60 minutes, but by the time they're done from taking the time to personalize your treatment to your going back to your room, you've spent 2 hours of pure bliss and pampering.
We ate in Alchemy - the main restaurant - for breakfast. The room is flooded with the sun in the morning and again offers a view of the mountains. The place is beautiful, residential and comfortable. The breakfast choices are fresh, varied and delicious. I ADORED the yogourt parfait!!!!!! Our server was attentive and prompt. After the 2nd day, she knew our preferences and made sure we were well cared for.
In sum, this is a perfect romantic, stress-free, relaxing gateway and no details are left unattended. We paid $100 - AAA rate. A steal!! We played golf and most popular courses are within 15 minutes drive. A shuttle is available too if you don't want to drive, can't remember all of them, but we used it to go to Eagle Mountain and We-Ko-Pa. Again, flawless service and readily available with a quick phone call.
It is located 20 minutes from downtown Scottsdale Rd, but the drive is well worth the isolation from the bustling city. This is truly an oasis in the desert and I can't wait to go back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CopperWynd Resort & Spa is an intimate 35-room resort in Scottsdale/Fountain Hills that provides guests with an exceptional getaway punctuated by dramatic views from its lofty vantage point in the majestic McDowell Mountains overlooking Fountain Hills, Arizona. The resort offers luxury accommodations, a full-service spa, 5,000-sq-ft fitness center and Flourish restaurant and bar featuring New American Cuisine. With so many Valley of the Sun vacation destinations to choose from, CopperWynd's unique experience appeals to those wishing to enjoy the Sonoran desert's distinctive brand of quiet solitude while being within a 15-minute drive to Scottsdale's dining, shopping, art and nightlife attractions. CopperWynd shines as a romantic getaway and Scottsdale wedding venue, and is also well-suited to small corporate retreats. Golfers appreciate the close proximity to golf clubs including SunRidge Canyon, Eagle Mountain and We-Ko-Pa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your CopperWynd Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copperwynd Resort And Club Hotel Fountain Hills
- Copperwynd Hotel Fountain Hills
- Copperwynd Resort Fountain Hills