“Once Again, a Flawless Experience”

CopperWynd Resort & Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Once again, we took our eight most valuable clients from around the U.S. to Copperwynd for a day-and-a-half conference and some relaxation with their spouses. There wasn't a single misstep. Staff, rooms, facilities, and food in this small and luxurious hideaway met our fussiest expectations, surrounded by the views of spectacular Arizona January landscape from every unit. We have been in at least 50 4-star venues in the U.S.. We have simply never seen a better place for a small but very upscale business meeting.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rogets
CW_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2016

Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please keep us in mind for your next visit to the Phoenix metropolitan area.

Reviewed November 17, 2008

As a member of Copperwynd Resort we I would like to inform any potential guest to stay elsewhere. Their staff has no idea to how to run a resort. If you have any problems with reservations then they turn their back on you and blame the guest. Corporations should beware of their contracts and the Resort couldn't care less about their guests once they paid

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank RobArizona

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We would like to apologize for the challenges that you experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that we are actively addressing these concerns with the individual staff members and appropriate department heads to make improvements for our guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2008

I spent 5 days there with my HS friend. Nowhere I have stayed since even compares. The rooms were spotless and the view was amazing. The resturant was top notch....we never had a bad meal. The Spa treatments were so relaxing I almost fell asleep on the table. The staff was unbelievably accomadating. One evening we dropped off our rental car in a remote area and it was after hours and dark. Our cell phone was on 1 bar and we needed to get back to the Hotel. We called the Hotel and the front desk girl who answered the phone came to get us in the Hotel Van......at no charge.

I am planning a trip in spring of 2009!

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank kat1311

Reviewed September 14, 2008

The room was great, the view was equally good. Friendly busboys, waiters, and restaurant staff.... but when I turned down the sheets one night to climb into bed and found it already occupied by a small scorpion of the deadlier kind, was quite surprised to have the hotel manager and staff consider it 'just part of being here'.... sorry, but at the price this place charges, a somewhat less nonchalant attitude would have been more comforting. I was told to move to a hotel in downtown Phoenix if I didn't want the company of scorpions in my room. However, I would be charged for the rest of my planned stay either way. Foolishly, I stayed but barely slept the other three nights. I found out that the bark scorpion I found was nasty and lived in nests with family groups... what a comfort. If these critters don't bother you, it is a great place otherwise, but don't expect the management to concern themselves at all if you don't like the local wildlife moving in with you. Please check out the photos I took of it before the housekeeper arrived to remove it. I had captured it under a glass... didn't have the courage to try killing it myself. As nice as it was, I wouldn't consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
8  Thank AdaraMichigan

Reviewed July 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. We were very happy! The room was very nice, and the view was beautiful. We got the package that gave us a pitcher of margaritas to enjoy on our balcony, and a spa gift, which included bath salts and a candle among other things. The service was great too. It's also in a quiet location and isn't a huge busy hotel so it was a great place to relax!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank megamoo1979

Reviewed June 3, 2008

We were very happy with both the hotel and the restaurant. The views are gorgeous and it is so peaceful and tranquil here. I wish we knew about the 8 villas and we might have booked them because we were 7 of us and had taken 4 rooms.

I had expected a valet or something but its easy to take your stuff to the rooms.

Nice gym, nice pool ( 2 of them), lovely views, and the restaurant was really good as well (its called Alchemy)

Will definitely return and try to book the villas next time for a family vacation.

Not that far from scottsdale at all....

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sthaks

Reviewed October 16, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Copperwynd Resort on 10/06/07, in room 112, to get away from our hectic life style. Prior to booking our reservsation, I explained to Jessica/Front Desk that my husband and I went to a charity event and ended up paying more then the required rate was to stay at this resort, $318.00 per night. Jessica then asked for my certificate number and looked it up. She said that the resort was offering a $100.00 off towards any proceedure at the spa if we booked our reservation that day, so we did.

While driving to the resort that is located in the rolling hills of Fountain City, the compound on the outside was impressive. However, upon entering our room we found the room less desirable as it smelled musty, the carpets were worn and the room was not kept clean. For this price, I expect a t.v. that is bigger then 19" and the room to offer in room movie services. I would compare our room to staying at the "Comfort Inn".

At that time, I remembered at check in I did not receive my spa discount. I went back down to the font desk and found Jessica was not working and had no mention of our conversation in the computer when I made my reservation. The resort refused to give me the discount towards the spa.

We decided that we were going to make the best out of his situation so we decided to go to dinner at their restuarant. The menu is presented as a al a'carte menu, we ordered an appitizer, each of us had a salad, main dish and desert. When we received the bill it was $158.00.

After we checked out, one week later we received notification in the mail from the resort stating that they had forgot to charge us taxes on our room of $20.62 and charged my credit card that was on file. Although, the resort did reverse the charges, I felt it was tacky of them to do this in the first place.

As this resort represents themselves as being a five star resort, it was not worth the stay or money. I would suggest staying at the Raddison Resport and Spa 1 mile down the road.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple

#5 of 75 in Scottsdale
Lexington Hotel & Suites - Fountain Hills / North Scottsdale
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch

Been to CopperWynd Resort & Club? Share your experiences!