“Loved the Location and the beautiful views”

CopperWynd Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fountain Hills
Toronto
“Loved the Location and the beautiful views”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We recently stayed at CopperWynd and really enjoyed our experience. We had two great rooms with stunning views on the balcony where we ate breakfast each day. The rooms had fridges so we picked up some healthy food at the safeway 5 minutes away as well as happy hour treats. The staff at CopperWynd were wonderful and so helpful. Kyle, Mayra and the rest of the staff went out of their way to address all our requests for information. The spa was excellent. We had massages while we were there and they were well done. One of advantages of the property is that you only need to walk outside to find a trail to take you to incredible hiking in the mountains. Just loved that!!!! The last night we ate dinner at Alchemy. The food was beautifully prepared and plentiful and again the view was spectacular. The pool area was also a treat. The only critique we can make it that at times the front desk was not attended as the person was assisting another guest at some other location. As far as the distance to Scottsdale, it is a quick 15 minute drive that is worth the scenery and quiet calm of the resort. We will be back..... Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
LAG13,

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you and the family enjoyed your stay and await your return back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous views from our balcony. Excellent gym, spa, pools, pool bar, etc. We especially loved the fitness classes (Yoga, Pilates, Yogalates, Zumba, etc.). The location was perfect - not too far from Phoenix/Scottsdale and downtown Fountain Hills had everything we neeeded. Very quiet and peaceful during our stay. We heard coyotes and a wolf howl, saw 2 deer and a large Hawk... all right from our balcony!

• Stayed May 2012
kyled46, Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Albauman,

Thank you for the review. We are happy to you were able to enjoy some of our over 40 fitness clasees we offer on a weekly basis. Our location does give you the chance if you are ever so lucky to watch some of the wildlife roam through the desert. We hope to have you back soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We had an AMAZING time; the staff was sincere, thoughtful and so very helpful - great local recommendations from a drive into the mountains to casual dining. Alchemy restaurant has impeccable service, incredible views and each meal was well prepared and inventive, with nice portions. The room was spacious, bathroom excellent and the main facilities are truly top notch - top-tier while being friendly and approachable. Grounds are well maintained and enhance the quiet, relaxing environment. There is no shortage of luxury hotels in the area; this one is pleasantly off the beaten path, relaxing and original - not another luxury chain, but a cove of relaxation and enjoyment. We look forward to our third stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
kyled46, Front Office Manager at CopperWynd Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thank you for the review! We are so happy to have you back a second time, and await the have you back year after year. We know there are no shortage of resorts in the valley, and are so happy you returned back to CopperWynd!
Chicago
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I just stayed there this past weekend for a Wedding and we had a great time. The only difficulty at all was finding the resort itself because GPS is a little misleading and there are several gates saying Copper Wynd before you get to the actual resort. To be fair, we also were not from the area and it was at night so that certainly didn't help. But once we found it we had a great experience. The rooms were nice. Not super modern or anything but very clean and had character. The TV was a nice flat screen although the remote was a little tricky to figure out. I had to have someone come to the room to re-program it but they did that promptly when we requested it. The size of the rooms was nice, large area and large bathroom with separate shower, tub and toilet areas. The bed was awesome. The view from the balcony was even better. It is set at the top of the hill and the desert secenery all around is gorgeous. The amentities are also great and a very short walking distance from the rooms and ample parking. The pool was nice and clean and the service at the bar, restaurant and for the Wedding was excellent. Also, I had a massage and that was also very relaxing. I would highly recommend this spot and my wife and I have actually already talked about going back next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike,

Thank you for the review. The weddings that are held outside on the lawn are just stunning. We are so glad to have been able to service you as resort guests while attending the wedding. We would love to have you back next year, and be able to create even more memorable experiences for you!
Philadelphia
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here in November 2011. I was attending a Bar Mitzvah at this Resort on Thanksgiving weekend, so I opted to stay here out of convenience. It is not my usual choice for a resort, but because it was only a few nights...
I wasn't surprised at the amazing views. Scottsdale has many resorts and they all seem to have wonderful views. I have family here, and I have been to quite a few resorts.
The room was clean and quite comfortable. The bathroom was so dark, however, that it was almost impossible to apply makeup at all. They should fix this. It wasn't a really impressive bathroom and the shower wasn't as clean- feeling as I would have liked. Other than that, no complaints with the room- I'm usually happy with nice duvets, down pillows, and the fireplace was a plus. I liked how they turned it on for us during turn down service, and it was nice to come back to the firelight after the Bar Mitzvah was over.
The pool was fine, but not really heated enough for the weather (Nov.) My husband and 6 yr old daughter went in to swim, happily. The gym was very dated- I felt like it needed major updating. The equipment was old, and they really should buy some new cardio equip.
I liked this place and I would stay here again if I needed to save a few dollars.
But... I witnessed a HUGE argument while we were in the main building between an employee and a woman. They were standing right outside the main check in. It was really something, and it almost ended in a fist fight. I have never seen anything like it in my life. Eventually, another employee came out and had to intervene. I'm sure this is not the norm, but I have to mention it, because if I had been walking past with my 6 year old, I would have been really angry at this employee for exposing my kid to this sight. Shame on you, if you are reading this!
Anyhow, other than that, the resort was actually quite nice, and they treated us wonderfully, gave my daughter something to eat while the LONG ceremony was going on and she got hungry. (we were out of our time zone)
There is no breakfast- you should know this before you go. Ask about a nearby breakfast place- we went to one and it was amazing.
I do prefer a larger resort, nicer pool and service that spoils, but this place was much less expensive and it was pretty nice for the money. I wasn't willing to spend lots of money on this trip. I also didn't have that feeling of needing things done for me because I am paying $1000 a night.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view from your balcony.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. We are glad we were able to have you stay with us as resort guests for the Bar Mitzvah that was being held on the resort gorunds. CopperWynd is not your typical large resort. Although we have many of the amenities and facilites the larger resorts have, we have a more intimate setting, with view of the desert, mountains, golf course, and city lights in the evening.
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Mu husband and I just returned from a wonderful week at Copperwynd. We have stayed at the resort 3 years in a row now and each time has been relaxing and beautiful! Chef Paul spent several minutes with us last year talking about the restaurant and hotel and he made us feel as if we were guests in his own home. Our server John at Alchemy is one of the best and Kyle at the front desk was so helpful with making our dinner reservation at Alchemy. The entire staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable and we can't wait to return again next year! I keep a photo of our view from the balcony of our room in a frame to remind us of our "happy place". Highly recommend Copperwynd for a memorable experience!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad view at the hotel, but we prefer the top floor view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynda,

Thank you so much for the review and comments. I can't tell you how happy we are to have you returning back with us for 3 years now. CopperWynd is a very unique and special place, and I am thrilled to hear the staff makes your stay that more memorable. We will see you next year, all the best!
Alamo
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Loved the setting, which made the wedding we attended delightful. Wish I'd known ahead I needed to book spa appointments....... Their schedule was full for the entire weekend. GREAT exercise classes with fun instructors, and loved the restaurant Alchemy for lunch and dinner. Maybe the waiter should tell visitors that the Hawaiin butterfish is an intestinal stimulant. Some people were sorry they'd ordered it. It's a quiet setting, and quite peaceful!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Duckdiner,

We are so happy we had the chance to have you as resort guest. The wedding outdoors on the lawn was amazing. We are glad you enjoyed the wedding and facilities during your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Hills
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Been to CopperWynd Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!