“I fell in love with Rustic Rim Hideaway”

Rustic Rim Hideaway
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forest Lakes
Rustic Rim Hideaway
Reviewed February 27, 2014

From the first time I stayed here, many years ago, I fell in love with everything about the place. First, there are only 3 clean, nicely decorated cabins so you can be assured of peace and quiet and privacy. The 2 bedroom cabins take dogs but all bedrooms are on the second floor. As I lost the ability to easily climb stairs, I moved to the 3 bedroom, which has one bedroom on the first floor, but no dogs allowed. All bedrooms have electric baseboard heat. Each cabin has a large porch, my favorite feature. I can sit there for hours watching the variety of bird and wildlife entertain me. The cabin is large with a full galley style kitchen, so easy to cook in and all dishes, pots and pans, bowls, anything you need, even wine glasses, are provided. The living room has a comfortable sofa and lounge chair with TV and wood burning stove. The dining table easily seats six or makes a great space to work a jigsaw puzzle. The grounds are kept up very well and the owners are the perfect hosts. If you want to go places, there are multiple lakes in the are for fishing, lots of hiking options, some ruins to visit or just go out for a meal in the small town of Forest Lakes - 1 full service restaurant and 1 cafe. I have been returning for 1 week every month during the summer and love every minute I am there. I leave feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the "real world" again. I bring friends occasionally and they feel the same as I.

Room Tip: Choose a 2 bedroom for economy or bringing a pet. There are 2 of these. Choose the 3 bedroom if yo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Pattiz1001
Reviewed July 2, 2013

These cabins are so comfortable, clean, well furnished, and wonderfully located. It is wonderful to be able to be off the road, but yet you can hike in the national forest right out the back door. Being really close to several lakes and other places on the Mogollon Rim is also a plus. The owners do a fantastic job as host. It is so peaceful. If you're looking for a place to get away to be refreshed-- this is a great choice.

Room Tip: All three cabins are great-- the 2-BR allow dogs. The 3-BR is great if you have more people in your...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara L

Been to Rustic Rim Hideaway? Share your experiences!