“Good pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Pizza isnt bad, nothing special i would say but its close to the hotel and convienient. A little pricey for the quality and such a small town i thought.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I work in Florence but do not live there. My husband makes me bring dinner home from A &M. I have taken business associates to this place and they want to come back all the time. The food is excellent. You get fed very well and lots of it. They don't scrimp on their portions.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I visit Florence twice a year and this is the first time I decided to stop into A & M Pizza. My sister and I went in early afternoon on a Saturday. Server was really nice but it was obvious she was new. She couldn't answer any of my questions regarding the food. She did tell us that she was indeed a new employee and she was still learning. She was very nice and polite. We ordered a regular pizza and it was really really good pizza. The place was very quiet that day. Nice atmosphere to it. Appeared clean. I expect I will probably eat there again when I stay in Florence.
It's convenient since it is right across from the hotel I stay in when I am there in town.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Somethings were good, others not so much. White pizza - totally yummy. Cesear salad, not so much, I hate when restaurants add things that don't belong.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was interested to visit A&M again as they supposedly had experienced a fire since our last visit and had refurbished the restaurant. The new decor is OK, reinforcing NY Italian stereotypes by using almost all the cliches, but it does look better than it previously did and the decor is in no way offensive by any means. There is now a large LCD TV on the wall and was showing ESPN during our visit, muted w/ closed captioning on. The atmosphere is still the same, with the masonry walls and linoleum flooring creating a bit of an echo chamber and increasing noise. Conversation at a table can be a bit difficult if there are other diners in the restaurant. Our food was very good, but it was impacted by the spotty service we suffered. Not sure what the issue was, but we were greeted and seated by a gentleman behind the counter, who also took our drink order. A young man showed up 30 seconds later to also take our drink order, but we explained we had already placed our drink order. The drinks showed up, but were wrong for 2 of our party of 4. My wife and I split a vegetable stromboli. We had to remind our young man server we had ordered a side of marinara sauce for it. The stromboli was excellent, with the dough so tasty. The marinara sauce seemed to be from a jar rather than as good as I remembered from our last visit. At the end of our meal we ordered two tiramisu, but only one arrived. It was soooo good, but I didn't dare say so to our dining companions who hadn't received their tiramisu. We finally had to search out someone to ask them to cancel the 2nd tiramisu if it was indeed coming, as we needed to leave. I then had to look for our server in order to get a check. I'd give them another shot the next time we're in town.