“A gem you would not expect in Florence”

MT Athos Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012

First of all: I just love Greek food. The real stuff in Europe. When it comes to the U.S., I haven't seen many places that are close to the original. Mt. Athos so far has been my best Greek experience in Arizona. For Florence this really means it's excellent. The place is clean, nice, and the waitstaff is attentive and friendly. The food is good, tasty and comes in well sized portions for a moderate price. Whenever I am in Florence on business I stop at Mt. Athos.

There are newer reviews for MT Athos Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I were driving through the area on a whim and stopped at the Florence Visitor Center and picked up a restaurant guide for lunch. We went to two restaurants on the guide, (heavy on Mexican and fast food) and walked out of both without being seated. As we were driving out of town we saw Mount Athos and decided to give it a try. It was on the guide but we both wondered how good Greek food could be in this area and were very skeptical. To say I had the best spicy gyro I ever tasted is not a stretch. It was absolutely amazing. My husband had the BBQ gyro and it was almost as good as mine. Finding such wonderful Greek food in the middle of the Sonoran desert was almost as good as our waiter who went out of his way to make us feel special. What a gem! I only wish this restaurant was in my neighborhood back home.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having just toured St. Anthony's Greek Orthodox Monastery, we were invited to lunch at Mt. Athos, which was the perfect ending to a perfect day. Our servers were prompt, attentive, cordial with seating us, taking our orders as well as bringing the food promptly which had been prepared very deliciously, and tastefully and fully plated for our vision. I highly recommend this local establishment. A very affordable menu as well as great specials.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on a drive from Tucson to Scottsdale...taking a chance, as we saw it, since we weren't going to the usual McD's or Subway. What a great choice! The waitress was so friendly and helpful. She went out of her way to make things great...splitting one kid's salad so both could have some, bringing another kid an "extra dessert she just found lying around". Really amazing! Oh, and the food was great. We didn't deviate much from gyro and falafel as it was just a lunch stop, but what we had was really delicious (and we are *really* into Greek food). The tzatziki was wonderful..thick and flavorful. This restaurant is worth the drive!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The wide variety of food at good prices are all of good quality. The owners are from New York and are of Greek descent so there are many greek dishes on the menu. The food reminds one of a diner on the East Coast because of the variety of the menu.