Rancho Sonora Inn
BestWestern.com
$59
$55
$50
All reviewsrv parkyogurtb bsdesert gemdesert locationhard boiled eggscontinental style breakfastbreakfast roomnext morningupon checka great place to staywould definitely stay here againclementinecasitaweddingsuitetucson
Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you want a place that is away from crowds but within reach of Phoenix and surrounding area this is the place to make your base.
You have a choice of individual rooms or achoice of 3 Casita's to be on your own.
The Inn is clean and well kept.
Laundry on site.
Walmart and Supermarket a few miles away

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We enjoyed staying for two nights in this old desert inn. We had the Evangeline/Fernando suite and really liked that we each had our own bathrooms. How often to you get that luxury?! Both bathrooms are clean and nicely appointed with small side tables, handy for laying your brushes, toiletries. Hot water was instant and constant. Lights by the very comfortable king bed were bright enough to do some reading, not like the weak lighting found in many B&Bs. The Evangeline suite opens out to a plain little private courtyard with a couple of chairs and chaise longues. There is some road noise from the highway, but it died down significantly after dark, so we were able to leave the bathroom windows open for ventilation. The main courtyard is just beautiful. Continental breakfast was plenty for us--we eat light in the mornings and didn't want a big presentation. The innkeeper is nice and professional as mentioned in other reviews. That didn't bother me since I really didn't want to be chatted up. She strikes me as a no-nonsense person (think Barbara Stanwyck :), but I think you want that when you're out in the middle of nowhere, not too many miles from a prison. Can't say enough about the beautiful desert setting: the cacti, the birds, the smell of the creosote bushes. We didn't use the pool or spa because we were too tired--there was some leaf litter in the pool, just a small amount not unlike you might encounter in your own backyard pool. It wouldn't have deterred me from a swim had I wanted to do so. I don't know why people have complained about the RV park next door. That's what Phoenix and area is all about--snowbirds coming down for the winter. Didn't bother us at all. So if you want solitude and something different from the big city, this place is it! I felt like I had gone back in time to an old hacienda. The historic part of Florence is charming, everyone we met was friendly.

Room Tip: If the daytime highway noise bothers you, choose one of the courtyard suites or casitas away from the road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I have been searching for a SW Paradise for several years and we finally found it!! The beauty, nature, and peacefulness we discovered at the Rancho Sonora compares only to that of a beach house on the north shore of Oahu, HI. We stayed in the Ilsa Casita. The furnishings were beautiful & comfortable, and the setting was next to perfect. Hummingbirds regularly visited the orange blossoms outside our bedroom along with many other beautiful birds. The grounds are landscaped in true SW form, full of a large spectrum of cacti, along with palm trees scattered around the pool area. There are so many things to see nearby as well as nature activities and an assortment of restaurants. Next year we plan to stay for 2 weeks! Thank you Linda for offering so much at your Inn!

Room Tip: The Casitas provide more privacy, but the inn rooms are also an excellent choice!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week in early/mid March, weather was fantastic! Room are very clean, everything you need is here! We stayed in one of the rooms on the end and it is beautiful. Breakfast was simple yet filling, coffee had to be brewed by Linda again though. She does shut down breakfast before 10 and locks the door if she thinks you are Done having coffee which I did not like. Linda could have been more available to us a couple times but I guess we figured things out on our own. Pool is nice and we had it to ourselves two days in a row! Like our own private villa! We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My work pace is such that get-away time is a precious commodity. The Juanita cassita at The Inn at Rancho Sonora proved to be the ideal place for my bride of 36 years and I to pause, to savor the southwest beauty with open space, slowed cadence, and abundant wildlife. The grounds are spectacular in both natural beauty typical of the Sonoran cacti (largest saguaro cacti we've ever seen) as well as the owner-deployed (Linda) accents of Southwest art. It's clear that 20 years' of attention by Linda has enhanced this setting where the inspiring Superstition Mountains to the north are positioned to draw one's imagination of long-ago rugged "holy places" to the native peoples. Tranquility drapes the property; the mourning of the doves, the cries of the quail, the soaring hawks, all provide drama to the fragrant creosote and palo verde landscape.

Room Tip: The free-standing cassitas offer private living space, but the courtyard is so beautiful, one may prefer to pass time by the central fountain.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple