“Sweet little place to stay”
Review of Rancho Sonora Inn

Rancho Sonora Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed here after a long day of adventure at the Renaisannce festival. Nice private rooms, quiet and tastefully decorated. Room was nice size and super clean. Nice peaceful courtyard with a fountain. Very comfy bed. Hope to go back someday.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Who would expect to find this place in the middle of a desert? You know you have stumbled onto something special when you see hints of the garden from Hwy 79. Step out of the brutal desert heat into a beautiful courtyard and the sound of the fountain dripping in the background. Our room was impeccably furnished and exceptionally clean. These people care a lot about maintenance and it shows in both the rooms and the gardens and courtyard. No, this B&B is not close to anything, except desert. Bring your own snacks, picnic, or whatever turns you on. If brilliant stars, dripping fountains, and lush gardens do not please by themselves, this may not be your kind of place and it will remain my little secret...

Room Tip: Choose a room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is it. Very private with loads of space. My sister and best friend stayed in the Abby casita for four lovely nights. Very clean, beautifully decorated, excellent beds and baths. Dog friendly and with in driving distances for day trips. This would be a perfect place for an artist retreat. Each casita has its own grounds. The owner, Linda, is just charming and makes one feel right at home. We plan to go again with our paints, set up our easels and spend a week next year. I would highly recommend Rancho Sonora to all travelers--I could have spent a few more nights and just hated to leave this retreat in the desert.

Room Tip: I think any room or casita available would be a great experience.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

All I want is to find another excuse to stay here. I have found many over the last seventeen years, even bought a house on the other side of town on my last trip but rented it so I would have the pleasure of staying at Rancho Sonora again and again. Linda is the wonderful owner with a talent for creating a calm, relaxing and beautiful stay at her Inn. I have stayed in every casita and almost all the individual rooms too. The Dolores is our favorite room and the Ilsa is our favorite casita but ALL of them are charming!

My ultimate quest is to win the lotto and just move in!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days, and loved it. We would very much like to go back again, but would probably book a casita with another couple. The 'Bandito' room was the one we stayed in, and the bed and bedding were awesome, so comfy and soft! The decor was nice too. Breakfast was good, and I loved the olive jam!

Room Tip: One drawback...a bit of a drive to any restaurant
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This was my fourth time visiting this jewel. I was there with five of my friends for a local event and once again this was one of the best and most unique places I have ever stayed. Total comfort, quiet and incredible charm.
Every year it seems to get better as the owner Linda adds her own small touches. You feel like you are at home at your own private hacienda.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We rented the Juanita Casita for a family reunion and for my daughters graduation from ASU. The house was perfect for our family, setup with a kitchen and plenty of room for our family of six. The house was very clean as was the grounds around the property. The aura of peace and quietness is worth visiting for a few days or longer!! It is pet friendly for those of us who travel with our pets. I would definately recommend this to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence
#2 of 2 in Florence
Motel 6 Casa Grande
Motel 6 Casa Grande
#9 of 11 in Casa Grande

Been to Rancho Sonora Inn? Share your experiences!