“My Family Has History Here, So I Especially Enjoyed My Visit”

Pinal County Historical Museum
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Florence
Reviewed February 12, 2013

In addition to a welcoming, interesting and well staffed museum, they jump at the chance to share their archives with visiting relatives. My great uncle was once sheriff of Pinal County and my great aunt very involved with the historical society, so the docents went out of their way to show me what they had in their collections related to my family. Nice people in a nice facility.

1  Thank Kerry S
"story"
in 3 reviews
"sheriff"

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We wanted to go to a tourist information center inFlorence and stumbled on this charming museum. We learned about the history of the building (jail, courthouse, hospital), history of the area, history of the large WW II POW camp in the area and the man who preserved the building. The docent was the friendliest, outgoing person I have met. Not overbearing. Just helpful and friendly. No charge! Oh, yeah. Racks of brocures on AZ attractions.

1  Thank Stillwater_Dave
Reviewed November 25, 2012

What's really amazing, is the gifts from community minded families who donate wonderful collections to the Museum. One wishes that all local museums would have such generous families!
Maybe it has something to do with the remoteness of the area? There were a lot of pioneer families in the area.........

There's a lot of wonderful Arizona history here. Be sure to allocate several hours for you visit!

Chris has done a wonderful job here.

1  Thank patttz
Reviewed November 13, 2011

After stopping at this museum on a day trip through Queen Creek, Coolidge, and then Florence, we were very impressed. Right from when we entered the museum (donation entry fee), we were greeted by the very friendly museum educator that elaborated some of their top items with some great stories. This museum offers everything from a living room set made out of cactus, to artifacts from the local prisons such as nooses used for hangings, double execution chair, execution last meals (my favorite), to the Winnie Ruth Judd trunk murderess.

3  Thank BuddysArmy