“A fun ride for me, but my husband was a little bored.”

Arizona ATV Adventures
Uniontown, Ohio
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“A fun ride for me, but my husband was a little bored.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We called the day before to reserve a spot with the afternoon group. The directions led us to an open dirt lot - no signs to indicate we were in the right spot, and I got a little nervous when we were standing about 30 yards away from people who were target-shooting - weird spot to start a tour. It ended up that it was just the two of us and our guide, Ray. I'd read so many good reviews of this tour and, in particular, Ray. I honestly felt like we were more of a nuisance to him, but I thought it was good for us that we were the only ones on the tour. The "training" was nothing more than a little riding around, without much instruction - I had never been on an ATV, but it was easy enough to figure out.

The tour started out slow and bumpy, and my husband actually asked Ray if we could speed it up a bit because he was bored. I felt like I was holding up the group by taking my time, which I felt like I had to do because I thought I was going to get bucked off of that machine! The second half was better, faster, and my husband had more fun splashing through the water that was flowing through the canyon. However, he said overall it was just "ok", probably because he has ridden ATV's before. I thought it was a pretty intense tour for someone with no experience and I felt like I was playing catch-up most of the time, just trying to keep pace without killing myself.

We got a little history of the area, but not much. I was expecting a little more with respect to that part of the tour.

The last part of the tour, as most people have said, is the best - when you get to gun it! We were lucky that there was some mud and puddles, so we could splash and splatter our way back to our starting point.

I would say this is a great experience for those looking for a little adventure. If I had kids, I'd be very nervous bringing them along - there are some parts of the trail that are a little nerve-wracking (steep climbs and very steep descents). Also, there is NO WAY my elderly parents could have handled this trail.

Tip: for inexperienced riders, I learned that if you stand up a little when going over bumps or through puddles, you won't get bumped around as much and you won't feel like you are going to fly off the side of the ATV. I sure wish someone had told me that in the beginning!

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Jennifer E

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Ray was our guide, great job, well prepared and very patient. None of us were what you would call experienced ATV riders. Ray went over the rules and safety items. Went into the Sonoran Desert to a box canyon, great trip. My wife had a few troubles with a couple of the steeper hills where there was really deep ruts. Ray patiently assisted and guided her. We all had a great time. First time for our nephews in the desert, they were ecstatic want to go again. Great way to experience the desert away from everything. Will go again.

3 Thank Ti_RVER
Tucson, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Needs updated equipment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Dusty - a bit scarry - but a lot of fun! Our guide Sheri took four novices in toe and treated us to a great afternoon of fun. Travelling through the desert and box canyon for 3+ hours was well worth the price of this attraction. It would have been even more fun if the ATVs were from a newer generation. Steering and braking took a lot of effort. And, handling would have been much better if the the units we drove had independent suspensions like the one that Sheri was riding. Also, I do not recommend riding double in these older ATVs because of the high center of gravity created and the effort required to steer and brake them. Even with these caveats I would still highly recommend this attraction to anyone with a sense of adventure.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun, difficult and fast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I read the negative reviews before writing this. Oh and yes this was my first time on an ATV

Is it dangerous, yeah of course it is. ATV rough ground steep hills Duh...
Is it fast paced. Yes exiting Box Canyoun is flat sandy ground. The fun is blasting full throttle, kicking up dust.

If you are a novice like me and listen to the instructor/Guide, it starts off terrifying and ends up exilirating.

I loved this and plan to do more.

2 Thank Pete P
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time...not so easy to just pick up and drive this one on the first try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was an amazing experience. It was a lot more difficult than I was planning on, and I didn't find the driving instruction portion very helpful, however I wasn't very confident to begin with. My friend and my husband ended up driving while I rode on the back. Neither one of them had much trouble navigating the steep and difficult trails...so just somethign to be aware of.

Visited August 2012