“Bad Service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Phoenix, Arizona
“Bad Service”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was in town for my brothers wedding. We had booked two rooms for 1 night. But when we arrived they only had one of the reservations. They finally got us checked in. The room’s mini fridge was turned off and doors wide open. Shower faucet and sink was crusted with calcium build up. The lamp next to the bed did not work and the bed was just a little softer then the floor. I slept horribly after being up for over 24 hours helping with the wedding before trying to sleep and I couldn’t. When I let the woman at the front desk know she said sorry some people like it and some people don’t and shrugged her shoulders. I asked her where could I find a place for breakfast in town because the breakfast that they served looked and smelled bad. Only thing that sounded interesting was they had a pancake maker. She told me of two places next to each other that I could go to. She told me to go to the intersection make a left and then make the next left. The second left was a school entrance and the place was actually just one left and on the right of the road. They were closed. My advice is if you have the chance to pass this town by keep your foot on the gas or don’t stay at the Holiday Inn.

-Nick I.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Damon A, Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Nick,
In reviewing your recent review of our hotel in Florence from this past week I am disappointed that we were unable to showcase to you the standard by which we hold ourselves to each and every day. Clearly we failed in achieving the goal of creating a home away from home environment for you to enjoy your brothers wedding. I have researched the occurances that you reported and I would love the opportunity to speak with you further as we take the comfort and satisfaction of our guests very seriously. As we do represent the small community of Florence, we also understand the absolute importance of representing our community on just the same level of importance as we do our hotel. I wish to apologize to you and again would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your taking the time to offer your concerns and I assure you that we will be using your review to ensure that our team understands every area in which we failed to fulfill our obligation in offering you, our guest a level of service that we would expect when we travel. Should you find time and would be willing to speak with me, my direct line at the hotel is 520-868-8951. Thank you and I do hope to hear from you and perhaps win the opportunity to show you that we are better than the experience that you reported here. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Damon Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The staff is faboulus, I needed an earlier breakfast time and they went out of their way to ensure that I had a hot, wholesome breakfast every morning at 5:00 AM. Everything I needed was made available and I could not ask for more. The staff here is the most polite, genuinely happy and accomodating that I have found anywhere.

Thank you for making my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night for a family weekend getaway to Phoenix. Either the hotel is fairly new or remodeled. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and accomodating. The pool area seemed nice also but the temperature was about 110 so we did not venture outside. The breakfast is average. Holiday Inn seems to now serve the same breakfast in all of their hotels. The pancake machine wasn't working well. The eggs, rolls, sausage etc... is not fresh and tastes like low level cafeteria style. There is a wide variety of options thought with plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt and beverages.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights. Check in was easy and quick. Front desk was friendly and on the ball. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Shuttle service offered to and from wedding venue every 15 minutes... Even at midnight. "Free Breakfast" was offered. I was AMAZED at the variety and quality of food that was offered. Ham, sausage gravy, fresh flaky biscuits, French toast, different yogurts, FRESH fruits. No matter where I travel, I will look first for availability at a Holiday Inn Express. Amazing quality for a budget wallet.

• Stayed December 2012
Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We showed up at 3:15 room was not ready, (res said 2) in the process of finding out if something was available for us to do some things before the wedding I was attending, I was rudely cut off from what I was saying to the lovely very respectful thorough receptionist, by the general manager who was more worried about chating up a co-worker while sweeping right in front of my feet like I wasn't even there, than finding a solution to our problem. Got to the room all I can say is WOW! this room was excellent with the exception of the dust (there was none at the start of the stay) the hotel is surrounded by desert landscape and no real way to keep it out so no fault of the house staff. The room was very clean bathroom was big the furnishings were inviting it truly made the relaxing part of my weekend awesome. We threw a fairly large after party afterwards in the presidential suite which was a great suite as well. The comped breakfast was tasty vending machines were well stocked as well as the mini store. The staff (with the exception of the very rude lady running the place) were extremely professional an most importantly intuitive to our needs we will surely be back on another stay-cation.

• Stayed December 2012
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our last stop before flying back to England. Air conditioning took a long time to come on to cool the room down - the staff on on the desk was very patient and a bit over helpful, trying to explain we would just have to wait and helping us with our cases.
Breakfast was busy - there was not really enough space in the breakfast room, the children were noisy, the bacon had just run out (and they were not going to get any more) but what was really annoying - a member of staff was bashing the pancake mix on the table in the dining room time and time again before he put it in the machine. Not good first thing in the morning - surely he should have done this in the kitchen??
Oh by the way - I never like being asked to do a review on Trip Advisor - it makes me feel under some obligation- I can decide by myself if I want to recommend a hotel or not. I don't think it is good practice to ask guests to do this - by all means leave the "how was your visit" card on the front desk and I can pick one up if I want to.
The room was comfortable and we loved Florence - we did the self guided walking tour and visited the Prison Outlet store.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

nice and quiet execellent service friendly atmosphere enjoyed our stay in Novemeber of 2012 we will return in 2013 we will let our friends and family know too go too your place of bussiness when they stop through

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Comfort Inn
#2 of 11 in Casa Grande
Blue Mist Motel
Blue Mist Motel
#2 of 2 in Florence

Been to GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence? Share your experiences!