“Dirty!”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Eloy
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The only reason why we stayed here is because it was the cheapest in the area. I found online for $34/ night. If I had a better budget I would definitely stay in Casa Grande. This hotel says it's in Casa Grande but it's not. 2 exits away.

We walked into the room (Room 100) first one next to lobby, and immediately smelled dusty and old. There was a dead roach under the sink and the bathtub was disgustingly dirty. I was appalled when I turned the water on and it ran brown for the first 5 minutes! Small bathroom and sink area. There was a refrigerator, which we much needed but it wasn't really cold. There is no telephone in the room. The pool was a joke. I didn't even want to put my feet in it. It was dirty and old looking and had a regular garden hose sticking in it the whole time like they fill the water up with just that. No beach chairs just regular upright chairs and 1 table. No grass around pool area.. just a lot of dirt and it's not maintained. When I tried to go back into the bldg the hotel key didn't work and had to call front desk and wait out in the blazing heat. I guess that lock is broken, so they left a rock in between door and rock so guests wouldn't get locked out! The free breakfast consists of cereals and milk and some individually packaged (cheap) pastries and coffee.

The only positive thing about this hotel is that it's not a motel with doors leading from parking lot. You have to walk inside the building to go into your room. A little safer. Staff was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Room not cleanded, dirty cups left , no handle for hot water in sink area, cracked toilet seat, dead roaches, ice machine out of order, pool out of order, a kicked in hole in the wall and a very rude, unprofessional night manager....need I say more?

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank svonbod
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Dirty dirty room. Not vacuumed in months. Sink still dirty from previous guest. Then to top it all off, no bottom sheet on the bed! Never again. Would rather sleep in the car.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank bdthrash
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Good price ,breafast ,claen rooms .nice staff. near by all the retaurents.

Room Tip: very clean
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I don't know why you would stay here unless you're driving the I-10 and you pull off for fuel or supplies and then determine you want to call it quits for your driving day. The motel is a little off the freeway exit, south of Casa Grande, but not too distant from either Phoenix or Tucson. This particular freeway exit has sparse pickings for rooms, food, or fuel, but the closer exits both north and south, seem to have more. The motel, itself, is a large older complex, with minimal furnishings and services. There's ample room for parking, so if you're pulling a trailer, it will fit here. The lobby area is large, nearby is an ice machine, and there's also a central micorwave if you have something needing warming up. My room had a lamp out because the socket didn't work. I figured that out after about 5 minutes and then moved the lamp to another spot with a working plug. The air/heater was O.K. and there was a coffee maker in the room, but I didn't use it because I only stayed the night and had my coffee at the breakfast nook. There is a pool area, but I'm not sure it was open during my overnight. I don't advise pre-paying on-line because it seems that this motel offers lower rates to walk-ins. I saw a sign stored in a room by the office with a $29.99 price on it. When I pulled in the sign out was $34.99. Anyway, the staff was very helpful with recovering and holding the hiking boots I had left behind. And the truck stop by the I-10 exit is interesting to both shop at and eat in.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Zoom_Gotti
Reviewed December 25, 2011

When I arrived I noticed a train line on the same side of the building where my room was. I asked for a room on the other side of the building and was told there was none available....even though my car was the only one in the parking lot. The man reassured me that "only 2 trains" came by and that I "would not here them". As soon as went into the room I heard the horn of a passing train. That was early in the day so I just hoped that there would not be any trains going through at night. So much for "hope". Train horns blew at 11:16pm, 11:23pm, 12:19am, 12:39am, 1:18am and 1:46am. I had turned off the heat earlier in the evening because the fan is ridiculously loud (preferred to be cold than deaf) but turned it back on to try to block out the train noise. I had to jam tissues in my ears to mute the sound of the heater fan. I had reservations for two nights but will not stay for the second night. The cancellation policy says "There will be no credit or refund for early departures, cancellations, no shows, or changes in your reservation for any reason. Guests will not receive any refund or credit."....so I will not get a refund for the second night. The exterior doors do not lock, so anyone could wander into the building. The fire extinguisher outside of my room was missing. The smoke detector in the entrance stairwell was missing. The continental breakfast did not appear appetizing. My room did not look like the picture of the "standard guest room" shown online. As noted, by another guest, there is still a gaping hole over the front desk.On the positive side, the bed was comfortable, but I had to have the linen changed because of obvious stains all over the sheet. The water was hot with good pressure. The refrigerator worked fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train line.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank xenitha b
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Reservation made on website correct. Large property with inside corridors. It can be a long way to room if you have a lot of luggage. Very few rooms occupied. Several burned out bulbs in the corridors. New manager seems to try and fill the rooms near the exits first to minimize the distance to the rooms. This is fine if your neighbors are quite; ours were not. Loud HVAC unit covered most of the noise. Quieter after one individual left at 2AM. Bed is very firm and springy. Small room, cramped bathroom, and odd placement of bed made it worse. Room was clean. Very small countertop refrig (no freezer placed on the floor. No microwave. Cable TV, but no channel guide. Oddly; among these isssues the bathroom had a real granite countertop. Good Wifi. Breakfast of watered down OJ, coffee, bread for toast, some pastry and cold cereal and milk. Very little of each, but I think only three or four rooms were occupied. There were two large round tables with chairs near the small one holding the breakfast. Small microwave on the other side of the large lobby. Ice machine not functional.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eloy
Comfort Inn
Super 8 Eloy
Super 8 Eloy
#2 of 5 in Eloy
The Sky Rider Suites

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!