“Stay here only if you have no other option”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Eloy
Los Angeles, California
“Stay here only if you have no other option”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

There is a gaping hole in the reception area ceiling. My room had a dysfunctional smoke alarm that kept beeping. The worker could not fix it so had to move to another room. The room to which I was connected had a smoker in it and it was hard to breathe with the cigarette smoke coming into the room through the adjoining door. Continental breakfast was a small table in the lobby, no place to sit. It had a few pieces of bread, some coffee, and orange juice that was mostly water. We went next door to the Burger King to eat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Milton, Kentucky
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms. Everything worked - no complaints.

• Stayed November 2011
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed there for one night this week. Check in staff was very friendly and the room was great. Nice and spacious. Overall clean, except for underneath the bed there was some dust there. Internet worked great.
Breakfast was ok. We got there 25 minutes before closing, even though the Front desk agent sits right across from the little breakfast bar, she had to be made aware that some things were low or out. She did replenish some items, although very little.
The hotel is pet friendly and that was the main reason we chose this hotel. There is a nightly charge of $10 per pet. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to spend a night in a nice and comfortable room.
Btw, room 107 still has the cigarette burn on the bathtub, but the room did not smell like smoke at all and the Internet worked fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nola76
Escondido
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Check in/out excellent. Our room, 103 is clean, modestly furnished and a great price. The bathroom complex is tiny, but usable.There is a round table and chairs, a king bed, nt stds, a 4 drawer dresser, TV and fridge. AC works well, but loud. Room a bit small and worn. Great operators. Most of the guest arrived late, after 7pm and a few left quite early starting 4:30 am. Continential breakfast is included! Priced like, but way better than a Motel 6. Rating based on an overnight stay only

Burger King is across a vacant lot.

Room Tip: Likely, you will get what you need from the owners
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed March 13, 2011

very pleasant staff, wireless internet was good, clean room and reasonably priced. stayed two nights and the place was fine! under new management and still upgrading, but found the place to be very comfy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Tucson
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Wow I remember when this was the Sunland Inn and what a dive! Now that Travelodge has taken over, I decided to give it a try.
What follows are two emails, one that I sent to the manager of the property, and what he sent back in return. I do believe they speak for themselves:

"I recently stayed at the Travelodge on Sunland Gin Road, in Eloy, from 3-29 to 3-30. I would like to thank your establishment for a few things as well as pointing out a few issues.
First off, the room (107) was very lovely. Quite spacious and outfitted very nicely with stylish furnishings and decor. The bed was very comfortable and in general everything was clean and well maintained. It was all beautiful, and the well-working TV was huge, the fridge and coffeemaker worked perfectly, as well as the plumbing being in top order.
As for the issues - I requested a non-smoking room as I am very sensitive to smoke, even old stale smoke smell. It was obvious that this had once been a smoking room, because once the freshener smell wore off, I could detect the smell of old smoke. As well, a scrubbed but still visible cigarette burn on the bathtub confirmed this.
Also, there was a spot of blue paint on an area where a door handle had been removed, obvious when you first enter the room. Not a huge deal, but it takes a bit away from the overall look and feel of the room.
As well, I thought this hotel had internet access, but was unable to receive anything. It showed on my network card that 3 or 4 were available, but the signal was too weak to be able to log on.
As I was exhausted, and had to leave early the next morning, neither the smoke smell nor the lack of internet access was too big of a deal. Just something I thought I would bring to your attention.
As well, when I went to check-out, I intended to tell the clerk about these things, but after waiting for 10 minutes and no-one arriving to check me out, I had to leave before being late to my meeting, so I merely left the key-card on the counter, grabbed a donut, and left.
At any rate, I am generally impressed with the hotel overall, just wanted to mention these few things to you. "

His reply, which I received about an hour later:
"Good Morning
First I Thank you for staying with us and i appreciate your comment. we will fix it asap
and about Internet we have high speed hard wire Internet and we carry Ethernet cord.
i am really sorry,i make sure your next stay with us very comfortable for you
ones again thank you so much
peter patel"

What a nice and speedy response! I will probably give them a try again in the future, as I work and have occasion to stay in CG at times. I will of course remember that I have to hook an Ethernet cord to my laptop in the future if I want the internet.
As I stated in the letter to the manager, the room decor was beautiful, very pleasing to the eye and comfortable as well. Overall not a bad stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
phoenix
Reviewed February 22, 2010

i had stayed hear before when it was sunland inn, now it is travelodge and they have changed everything, rooms are totally redone, all aminities are changed and office area looks great. it looks new management has taken over, it is right on exit 200 on 10 freeway betwin phoenix and tucson. good rates for a good rooms.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eloy
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande
Holiday Inn Casa Grande
Holiday Inn Casa Grande
#2 of 11 in Casa Grande

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!