“Surprisingly Great Stop, Modest Price & Clean”

Best Western Desert Oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ehrenberg
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Although the walls were thin, the place was clean and well appointed. We were pleasantly surprised by the room and the price after being turned away at several places that were booked. The front desk staff was ill trained and getting a quiet room was a challenge initially but it was good sleep and that's what matters when you are just between destinations. They serve a full hot breakfast included with the room and have coin op laundry facilities.

We chose a room on the back side away from the truck stop next door to avoid the noise. Close to the highway but okay for sleeping. Great shower pressure, hot water, breakfast served 'til nine including waffles!

Room Tip: Choose the backside away from the truck stop and the highway noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amber B, General Manager at Best Western Desert Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear 4oystercatcher ,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I apologize for the difficulty finding the room that best suited you. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 928-923-9711.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had read the good reviews on this remodeled Best Western and it truly lived up them. The hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly. Plus the breakfast buffet was included. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Amber B, General Manager at Best Western Desert Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Pamela H,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had reservations at another place but left as soon as we saw it and went to the BWDO. Best Western was much better but could still us some improvements. There was a slight odor in our room and the internet said that it didn't need a security passcode but it did. The staff gave me the passcode in the morning when I asked about it. The pool door wouldn't open and when i asked at the desk they said that the locks batteries were dead and to reach around and open it. It was too long to reach so I had to take a shoe off and open it with that.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike T,

Thank you for review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the internet pass code, I will look into updating our website. It is unfortunate there was a mechanical issue with the pool gate, I understand it may be challenge to open the gate, however, we cannot leave the gate propped open for safety reasons.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Never stay here. TV did not work upon arrival. After several attempts over the telephone, Front Desk Agent came with a master remote to change input as input button was broken on the TV and the DirecTV box was set on another input. Watched TV at night, then in the morning, the TV defaulted back to the input channel as before. No TV. Internet was poor and barely worked. Extremely slow speed and knocked me off. Breakfast was okay. Exterior doors did not lock to outside parking. In fact, the door key reader had no hardware inside it. Staff was not friendly and lacked geniune caring service. I reported problem upon checkout and staff did not apologize or adjust the bill. They seemed not to care and sent me on my way. Avoid this hotel until they fix hotel and train the staff on customer service skills.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank robertsO4332ED

Dear robertsO4332ED,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I can assure you that the issues you ran into are not a common occurrence. We have serviced the TV to ensure that the problems will no longer occur. Unfortunately, the internet in this area is the best available, being in a remote location does put limitations on the speed. It is unacceptable that the staff was not considerate of the situation and I sincerely apologize.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-923-9711.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

When you're on the road to Arizona or beyond, Ehrenberg is a great palce to stop and regroup. Situated just across the river from Blythe, CA, it's a Flying J Travel Center. Gas is cheaper than Calif. and there's a Wendy's and a full service store with fresh foods. I like to break up my trip to Phoenix by staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Marian S,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel staff was terrific. The facility is well maintained and clean. The nearby restaurants is a major plus. We were happy to have a place to stop to break up our normal 8 hr trip to Tucson to a smaller timed trip. The hotel allowed our traveling pets also to be with us.

Dear Ted H,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always a welcome site to come from Arizona towards California or come from California towards Arizona. A must stay hotel, by far the best experience in the neighborhood. Safety, breakfast food, quality rooms and fitness room make this a Oasis in the desert.

Dear Russell G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We value all of our guest feedback. We strive to make each stay as clean, comfortable and memorable as possible! I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself while staying with us. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to your future stays!

BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ehrenberg
Best Western Sahara
#9 of 19 in Blythe
Knights Inn Blythe
Knights Inn Blythe
#6 of 19 in Blythe

Been to Best Western Desert Oasis? Share your experiences!