“Fantastic Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ehrenberg
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was absolutely fantastic! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean as was the entire hotel. The ac worked great and the beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The parking lot was well lit and spaces were always available. They provide a continental breakfast as well. We have stayed at this hotel a few times before and have always been impressed. If you are just traveling through or are in the area to spend time at the river or ride ATV’s out in the desert, this a perfect place and location to stay. To sum things up, our stay this weekend was excellent. Thank you desert oasis management and staff!! Randy C.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank arizonalonghorn
Afarrer, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you very much for your review we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
Fernley, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

I spent one night at this property on my way to Arizona, arriving after 9 p.m. When I arrived, I was informed there were no first floor rooms available although I did not ask for a specific floor. I was so tired from driving all day that it did not matter. Before I entered the second floor room, I heard a noise from inside and was leery about entering so I opened the door looked inside before entering. Upon entering, I noticed the lights were on and the bathroom door would not open so immediately left the room. I went down to the front desk and related my experience and was told a guest the previous evening had the same problem and then I was given a room on the first floor.

Despite the above incident, I was pleased with the room I eventually received. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. I cannot describe other amenities because my desire for sleep was the reason for stopping at this location. Don't know if I would stay here again due to the above experience. I'm sure someone was in the bathroom of the first room I entered.
I checked the box below stating I would recommend this hotel to a friend because I could not submit this review without checking a box so I would recommend this location - but with reservations.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Afarrer, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
We genuinely apologize that the room you received did not obtain the level of guest satisfaction you deserve. We will be looking into in this matter further. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to further improve upon the present and future stays for all our guests. We are excited to inform you that our hotel has just under gone some additional enhancements and upgrades. I hope to see you again in one of our new rooms!
tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I arrived 04-24-11 at ten oclock at night awakened because of fire in hotel, after two hours out in the cold were told to go back in. About an hour and a half later firemen wakened us again because it was not safe in hotel and told to go to a Super 8 down the road, at two thirty at bnight were given a not very clean room in what was a not so new hotel. At seven thirty in the morning we were awakened by a maid wanting to know if somebody was in the room. Since we were awakened once more and had not been given a chance to rest we decided to continue our trip. I went to office and was sent back to Best Western where they wanted to charge me same rate for a old hotel as the Best Western. When I complained I was told same person was owner of both hotels and that he had to have payment even if our stay was terrible. We got no rest, were continuely being awakened and then sent to a bad hotel where we again were awakened and still being charged for all this is a huge ripoff. I will never ever again use Best Western specially this one in Ehrenberg

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank beto6
HotelOnlineIdentity, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Let me first start of by saying that we at the Best Western Desert Oasis take great pride in our property, and strive to keep every customer happy. Let me begin by describing the situation: We did indeed have a fire in one of our storage rooms but this was out of our control. I personally was on property during the event to try to improve guest satisfaction.

When we told you it was okay to go back to the room we thought the fire was out and under control per the fire dept. As things happen the fire dept found a hot spot and for your safety had to ask you to leave your room again. I would like to apologize for this misunderstanding with super 8 as well.

Irrespective of these facts, we have a 100% guest satisfaction policy, and promptly refunded the customer. We take pride in our property, and would rather lose revenue, over having a unhappy guest reflect poorly on our property.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

This was a really nice hotel with clean rooms and great facilities. We liked this better than staying in Blythe proper. A little out of the way but worth it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiamondGirl55
South Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

Spent 3 nights for Quartzsite Pow Wow. Good location, nice staff, very helpful. but rooms are badly in need of overhaul. Moldy/Lysol odors wouldnt go away, even with window open. Good heater, awful television, worse reception. Small fridge which is nice. pretty awful breakfast but the dry cereal and fresh bananas were good an coffee/tea available 24/7.

They CHARGE for ice. Gotta put 25 cents in the machine,t hen it dumps so much it overflows the bucket. This place is fine but the rooms are grody so I'll wait for renovations before I return.
Great staff was the saving grace

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
HotelOnlineIdentity, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I'm sorry you weren't fully satisfied with your stay, but let me attempt to point out a few things.

I apologize you paid for ice. Ice is free for guests, and always has been. We have opted to make it a token system, as in the summer boaters fill their ice chests, depleting all ice, making it an inconvenience for other guests. The tokens appear to be the same size as quarters, and I apologize for this confusion. Clearly we need to do a better job of placing signage on the ice machine asking customers to get additional tokens from the front desk. All rooms have four ice tokens upon check in, but additional tokens are available at no charge 24 hours a day.

We take guest satisfaction seriously, and as such have been in the process of remodeling our breakfast room. We are soon going to be offering a full hot breakfast with fresh waffles, warm egg sandwiches, and additional breakfast items.

We hope you'll consider staying with us when you revisit the area, and look forward serving you from our new breakfast room shortly.
Pasadena
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

Rooms have improved and the beds are comfortable and supportively firm. The staff is friendly and helpful. When we arrived to our non smoking room, it had the strong smell of a stale ashtray. We called the front desk and they gladly changed us to another non smoking room that was fine. I have stayed in hotels in Blythe on my way to Arizona, but now this is my favorite place to stay. The value is great, the taxes are lower than the Calif side, and the price to value is much better than Blythe or the hotel in Quartzite if you to go the pow wow in January. We stopped here on our way to Tucson and find it quite pleasing. The rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers. We bring our food from trader joes and our own coffee. We do have the breakfast which offers more than just donuts and coffee with powdered creamer. They have real cream and flavored creamer which is nice. I always get the low carb scrambled eggs and sausages both in shape of round disks.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

I would've given this hotel a decent review had the general manager responded to my complaint letter sent soon after I returned from my stay. Unfortunately, after alerting the management to the problems I encountered during my stay, I received no response. I must therefore rate this hotel as "terrible."

We were sleeping soundly at about 11:00 p.m. when a man with a functioning key attempted to enter our room. Fortunately, the swing bar door guard stopped his entry. However, our sleep was obviously interrupted and our sense of safety shattered. Further, between my screaming from fright, my father’s yelling at the poor guest in the hallway, and the poor guest’s frantic explanations that he had just checked in and was given a key to our room, I’m sure other guests were disturbed as well.

The next morning, before 8:00 a.m., housekeeping tried to enter our room twice in ten minutes. While I realize we should have hung the “Do Not Disturb” sign, the problem with housekeeping resulted directly from the mishap the night before. The housekeeper explained that we were listed as already checked out.

Predictably, our keys no longer worked the next morning. When I went to the front desk to get a new key and explained to Candice (I believe was her name) what had happened, I expected, at the very least, an apology. Instead, I received no explanation, no apology, no declaration that these things should not happen, no attempt to right the situation.

I was very disappointed with the poor organization that allowed our room to be rented to another guest in the first place and the subsequent poor customer service that offered no apology.

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank travelholicSanDiego
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ehrenberg
Hampton Inn & Suites Blythe
#8 of 19 in Blythe
Days Inn Blythe CA
Days Inn Blythe CA
#11 of 19 in Blythe

Been to BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis? Share your experiences!