“Big Mistake”
Review of Motel 6 Douglas

Motel 6 Douglas
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Douglas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have encountered minimum accommodations before but this one takes the cake so to speak. There was a bed, shower (no tub), sink, and even Wifi and a swimming pool. The downside? Make that plural. No microwave or refrigerator unless you wanted to pay extra. Ok, that could be "negotiable" but no clock, only 2 pillows for a queen size bed, and no coffee maker. Coffee was available in the office between 9 and 11 but no hot water for tea - only coffee. You may be saying "ok, but the price was so low, right?" WRONG. We paid the same price the next day for all of the above missing items and more in Tucson and we didn't have a prison next door and didn't share the town with a ratio of 5 border patrol officers to 1 citizen. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for protection but this just seemed like over the top. It was a very depressing place and the hotel reflected it.

Room Tip: Get out of town. Travel those few extra miles to a better place.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2hearttrippers

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a nice and clean motel. The price is right for low income households. But, if you want better amenities I do not suggest this hotel. I had to pay for internet access and a fridge and microwave in the room. I decided against getting the fridge and microwave. The internet was very slow and a irritating. The staff was very friendly. But some advice to the staff, learn your local restaurants better. If I have to I would stay here again, but I prefer a motel with amenties included.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2010

While staying at the Motel 6 I witness several other guests that were put off due to Mother Nature's doing not the staff, the staff did the best they could do and also went out of their way to please these guests. Two thumbs up to Motel 6 Douglas. Arizona.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mariann_09
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I was surprised to read that Motel 6, Douglas was the #1 rated hotel in town. But I see why now. Although it's obviously not a 5 Star property, I found it to be quite satisfactory. The room was clean and appeared to have been recently remodeled. The grounds were immaculately clean and well-groomed. But the highlight was the friendly staff. I only had dealings with them at check-in and check-out but they were cheerful, friendly, and helpful. When I made the reservation online, I noted that I wanted the AARP discount and although the reservation confirmation did not reflect that, the price in their system did. Overall, I was a very happy camper to get an adequate room at a great price. On a side note, the hotel was full of workmen and work trucks. I thought at first this might be a "noisy" place to stay. But I guess they were all tired because they turned in early and the place was pretty quiet all night. I'll stay here again if I'm ever in Douglas.The only downside for me was $3 for wifi.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed April 7, 2010

The Motel 6 gets a lot of business in Douglas...mostly because it 's on right the highway and it used to be about the best there was but...
It's right next to the detention center so your sleep is often peppered with announcements over the prison PA - like " Gonzales, report to the dispensary".
The carpets, bedspreads and drapes in the non-smoking rooms need a good clean. Our mattress had hill and valleys and there's no place to get coffee or breakfast nearby. All and all an uncomfortable night.

Maybe with a remodel/update????

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dustysombrero
Reviewed March 5, 2010

i have stayed in numerous motel 6s throughout the west and this was one of the cleanest. and the young hispanic check-in lady was extremely nice and helpful. i stayed in an upstairs room in the rear- it was very quiet there and you have a view of mountains and mexico. the rate was very low- the best place to stay in douglas.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank whomever
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Moved our daughter into her dorm room at Cochise College on Aug. 14th and were at a loss where to stay. Heard there are nicer places to stay in Sierra Vista but we didn't want to drive 40 minutes to get there. Motel 6 is a close drive from the college (the closest, I believe). The Motel 6 was an experiment as I have never stayed at a "motel" before. We were quite pleased though our expectations were not high. Again, nothing fancy but the room was clean, plenty of towels and I felt safe. This is a very small town and lodging is limited. Wanted to try the Gadsden but was nervious about the older hotel. Had a drink at The Gadsden bar and took a look around and felt glad we were at Motel 6. There is also a gas station/convenience store right next door to the Motel 6 so snacks and beverages were easy to get. Again, nothing fancy but it was clean, convenient and cheap. As we'll be making many trips to Cochise College to visit our daughter and watch her play basketball (Go Apaches!), we will be regular visitors at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank GREENT0601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Douglas
No photo provided
#1 of 1 in Agua Prieta
Gadsden Hotel
Gadsden Hotel
#1 of 5 in Douglas

Been to Motel 6 Douglas? Share your experiences!