“Rude Service at Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crown King
Bradshaw Mountain Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I am a veteran of the Crown King Chili Cook-Off, having gone there for 10 years running. I stayed at the Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch for 7 of those years so I feel qualified to give an educated, long term opinion about my experience.

The cabins and suites are clean, fairly well kept and cool in a 1950’s/60’s kitschy sort of way. The Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch specializes in quiet and quiet is what you get. The price for that quiet, however, is the feeling of being survielled. And make no mistake you are being watched. Ownership seems to have a strange idea of the customer/innkeeper relationship. During and after check in, even after several years as a regular customer, I was bombarded with reminders from watching water use (the one time I stayed in a suite she actually knew how many times I had flushed the toilet, running water has been an issue) to reminding me where the rules were posted “just in case I wanted to review them”. I was interrogated/accused on several occasions regarding things I hadn’t done (unauthorized fires and guests are a couple notable instances). If you have an issue or question it makes sense to just ask but that’s not the way it works there. I would describe the demeanor displayed by ownership toward the customer as very aggressive. Itsrox’s observations regarding the attitude of the staff are dead on the money in my experience.

Further taking away from the experience is the ever present view of construction equipment, materials and refuse. Nothing adds to the experience of getting away like the close-up view of a backhoe and piles of junk. You would think it would make sense to put this stuff out of guest view but apparently not.

The Guest Ranch is not a bad place overall, the deciding factor being the cruddy attitude of ownership toward the guests, the bread and butter of any hospitality business. For those hell-bent to come to Crown King there are several good options to renting at the Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch: Cedar Roost and Bear Creek Cabins; Hazlett Hollow and Turnkey Gulch campgrounds come to mind as well. Additionally, there are people more than willing to rent their private cabins for as long as you would want them. With these options why suffer rudeness or hostility?

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
18  Thank kochmansc

Reviewed November 12, 2010

Our trip to Crown King was an experience we will never forget. It was our first visit to Crown King and we were not sure what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise. A friend had recommended we stay at the Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch and we did. Boy, was it a treat. The suite we stayed in was very clean, cute and comfortable. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lexielu1234
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I have stayed at the BMGR numerous times and have nothing but EXCELLENT things to say. Every cabin or suite that we chose was CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, & QUIET!! Hospitality was excellent and YES there IS running water. The continental breakfast was FRESH & WHOLESOME. How do they get that fresh of fruit on that mountain?! Can't wait to return, looking forward to a WARM cabin in the winter time. HIGHLY recommend visiting the Bradshaw Mountain Guest Ranch.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank naturelover1122
Reviewed September 16, 2010

How about... no running water and the "so called" continental breakfast that was given to us...

1). Yogurt was outdated / spoiled

2). Watermelon was mushy / old

3). Plums were dried out on the inside

4). Cream cheese was put in the freezer which made it taste disgusting.

Cabin wasnt that bad, the town is great. Nice cold soda and beer at the saloon.

Advised Taryn [-] of the issues, also advised her I had to go out and purchase breakfast, she was no help. Sent her email, you should see her reply... she needs medication or she had not taken it. Lots of lies coming from her..

There are other places to stay people... dont go there because they are NOT a bed and breakfast and they will LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH about who you are.

11  Thank itsrox

Been to Bradshaw Mountain Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!