“Great Bakery”
Review of The Orion Bread Company - CLOSED

The Orion Bread Company
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Edie and I really like the food and breads. We have going here since 2005. We go back for the bake goods. We will have breakfast or lunch there. It is one of our favorite.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were drawn in by the amazing fresh bread smells and the home baked feeling of this cute bakery. I couldn't wait to have a warm piece of bread with butter! We were happy to see that they served sandwiches and salads as well and ordered right away. I was very disappointed when my Greek salad came, for $10, and my request to exchange the salami which came with it for extra feta was met with about one tablespoon of feta crumbles! When I asked about the normal feta plus the extra I was simply told they ran out of feta! No other conversation so I ate my bowl of lettuce and cucumbers, which I had to ask for specially to be added. They said they didn't have a Greek dressing so I could have a vinaigrette which WAS a delicious Greek dressing they didn't even know it.

My husband's sandwich was a turkey with veggies which he enjoyed but it also was $10 and didn't look anything better than the ones I make him. The promise of sour dough bread left him with just a hint of sour flavor. We ordered a loaf of sourdough and a loaf of rye with seeds right out of the oven. it smelled great all the way home but we both were very disappointed again when we toasted both and found them to be very "light in texture, very white bread doughy" and totally lacking any sourdough flavor OR rye flavor which ended up having just a few seeds in total. We would not return

1  Thank amy f
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love the smell of the baking bread, the sandwiches are wonderful, the coffee is excellent, and best of all, I get called when my favorite bread is available.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stopped in this little bakery after hearing about it from another shop owner. He aid that the cookies were the best in town. We think he was absolutely right. The owner was so pleasant and informative about her product. The cookies were so good we ended up get twice as many as we planned. Soooooooo good! This is a must for desert!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Orion Bread Company is the best place to find fresh homemade and artisan style bread locally in Cottonwood and the Verde Valley. Great people, great bread.. why would you buy bread anywhere else?