“Great value and location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn

BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

We spent two nights here during a trip to Arizona. Checkin was quick and easy with a frienly hostess. The room was spotless and very nicely equipped. The fridge came in handy. We were less than 30 minutes from downtown Sedona and the drive was beautiful. The wifi hookup was fast and reliable. For less than $100 a night, we considered this a bargain.
Some other posters have complained about the noise. Yes, it is at a busy intersection and sits behind a restaurant and a gas station. Yes, we heard traffic during our stay but it wasn't anything horrible. If you want perfect quiet, then stay at one of the expensive, remote resorts in Sedona! We'll happily stay here again on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sgoes
ccarrillo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a very nice review of our hotel. We strive very hard to provide great customer service as well as a clean/comfortable place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
san marino
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

AVOID this place!!! I've stayed at lots of Best Westerns with no problem whatsoever. I picked this place because it was a Best Western. What a mistake! The staff was friendly enough, but incompetent. I signed up for two days and they IN ERROR checked me out after day one (they had my cell number too!) and dumped my clothes on the sidewalk minutes after the day one checkout time, but ironically failed to prevent me from accessing the room with my coded key. The owner was very defensive, obnoxious, and curt.

If you have lots of tattoos and body piercings, enjoy the company of morbidly obese truckers, like staying in a hotel room for around $100 per night behind the parking lot of a Mexican restaurant, and are used to being abused by front office clerks, then this is your place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank peter1124
ccarrillo, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
I am terribly sorry you feel the way you do about our property. My staff strive very hard to make every guests stay enjoyable. I apologize for the miscommunication on your length of stay. It is not our policy to mishandle a guests belongings. I feel my staff handled your particular situation with courtesy and professionalism. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed here to avoid some of the expense of Sedona which is about 20 minutes away. Sedona has a very overpriced, tourist feel to me. So I'm glad I didn't spend more to stay there. This typical for the chain hotel is located in a big-box store type area on the outside of town. We arrived at dark and it was set behind some other storefronts but was not hard to find. The room was clean and adequate. The staff (young lady) at check-in was very friendly and helpful. The landscaping was well-maintained as was the room. There was a tour bus full of people staying here the night we stayed. This is really more of a motel because each room opens to the outdoors. If you are looking for ambiance, keep looking. However if you are looking for a fairly priced room (especially when compared to Sedona) where the staff works hard to help you have a good night's rest, try here. One word of advice, eat anywhere else (and there are several chain options across the 4 lane highway) than casa bonita. Discount or no discount, the food is adequate, but they scammed us to change the $1.49 taco( $3 for 2) my son had into a $10 "dinner" by adding 2 tablespoons of rice and 2 tablespoons of refried beans. Seven dollars extra when no mention of price was made is my definition of a tourist scam! Don't hold that against the hotel though. Breakfast was typical for this type of included chain help-yourself meal.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PAfamily07
London,UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three nights at the end of May and booked in advance online having been seduced by the idea of a casita and the descriptions/opinions on this site. Unfortunately, we never really recovered from our initial disappointment at its location..... behind a gas station at a very busy intersection. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the room was clean and well-equipped, the breakfast was acceptable but the private patio was a small, enclosed and bare-walled "yard". No view or flowers made the space more inviting and we did not use it at all. The Cottonwood location met our needs and we enjoyed the easy access to Sedona, Jerome and Clarkdale (don't miss the Verde Canyon Railroad). I wish I could be more enthusiastic but at a price of $141.00 per night inclusive, we really expected a little more. So, fine for short stays and easy travelling to the stunning Verde Valley area but frustratingly low on atmosphere when you are aware of all the beauty nearby.

1 Thank DarcyLondon
Sales2006, Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2009
So sorry you thought our Casita room was lacking. The Casita rooms have rose garden entrances, which are stunning! And, Casita location is away from the rest of the hotel and the gas station cannot be seen from their location. Open only to adults, gives a little more privacy that our guests love. You're the first not to love our Casita rooms!
Bishops Stortford UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in April/May. First reaction was - oh dear, where is the view. However the hotel proved to be in an ideal location for touring the area without the expense of staying in Sedona. Breakfast was very adequate, self made waffles devine! Several varied eating places close by. Staff were helpful and pleasant and our whole stay proved to be more than satisfactory. Free internet a true bonus.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret754
Sales2006, Sales & Marketing Director at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2009
I am so happy your stay was pleasant and that you found the time to share your experience! I hope to see you again!
Gillingham, Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

A very average hotel in all repects. It was not cheap and I expected more.
Breakfast was ok, with Waffles, bagels,cereal etc but the "Hot" option was awful. There was no fruit option.
Wi-fi was included and worked well. Service was ok. Rooms ok but very noisy A/C.

Very difficult to say anything other than very average and I would not recommend it as I believe there are better hotels for the money!
Sorry!!

1 Thank MikeGillingham_Kent
Sales2006, Sales & Marketing at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2009
I am so sorry you did not think our Hotel was a value. I'm truly surprised!
The Best Western Cottonwood Inn is the ONLY 3-Diamond AAA-Rated Hotel in Cottonwood! And, about 1/2 the price, compared to Sedona!
And, we take great pride in our customer service and property! Plus, a complimentary breakfast with Hostess in attendance--compare to likeness at a restaurant & this is really a per person savings!
Are you sure you have the Best Western Cottonwood Inn?
Western NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

My husband & I stayed in a casita for 6 nights and it was a perfect choice! Well worth the upgrade! The location is perfect for exploring the Verde Valley! Beautiful Sedona is just a short and scenic drive away! The helpful desk staff made reservations for us for the area attractions (with discounts!) and made some excellent restaurant recommendations! Clean rooms, adequate breakfast (if you are not fussy) - a good choice if you just want a clean, comfortable, & safe place to rest up after a long day of hiking, sightseeing, etc. Much thanks to everyone!

2 Thank Sedonamoon
Sales2006, Sales & Marketing at BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2009
From all Best Western Cottonwood Inn members, thank you for your comments! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay in the beautiful Sedona-Verde Valley. Come again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#6 of 7 in Cottonwood
Verde Valley Inn
Verde Valley Inn
#4 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to BEST WESTERN Cottonwood Inn? Share your experiences!