“Pretty good considering other options in the area!”
Review of Bonsai Bistro - CLOSED

Bonsai Bistro
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Really great food! It's not like what we could normally get in the city, but still satiated our craving for sushi. Only complaint is that the waitress could've refilled my boyfriend's and my water (he goes through about 3 glasses by himself, and we were only served one glass each.) Also, the wrong phone number is listed. I feel bad for the man that keeps getting calls! The last four of the phone number are 8999, not 8989.

2  Thank marimusic12

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

So excited to finally have a spacious and excellent sushi place. Not only does this place serve sushi they also serve other delicious meals.
I went here recently with my husband, his parents, and our two little ones. The wait staff were all very kind and courteous. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the food was delicious! We enjoyed the lava roll and the dragon roll among a number of other items. Their soups are delicious and the appetizers we had were very tasty too.
They aren't cheap but they do have some nice deals. Also, their prices run fairly average for a sushi place and in some ways below average.
We were very happy with our experience and are craving more. Can't wait to return again!

2  Thank Married2Superman
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had read all the great reviews this place had and decided to give it a try. It started off just okay, we were seated right away and our drink order was taken immediately. Unfortunately, the wait staff neglected to tell me that their iced tea is already sweetened, and I do mean SWEETENDED. YIKES...good thing I'm not diabetic! I would have asked for a different beverage but by the time the actual waitress came by to tell me she'd "be right back", it had been so long that I was already thinking of walking out. Should have listened to that little voice and bolted when I had the chance because it just went way down hill from there. Fifteen minutes later, the waitress finally came back to take my order and was off again before I could tell her about the drink issue. THIRTY minutes later, I'm sitting there wondering why I haven't seen any food come out of the kitchen, (I was seated very near the kitchen). Again, the I thought of getting up and leaving, but then I saw food and it was coming toward me...YAY...NOT! The Spicy Hunan Chicken I ordered was nothing more than scraps of deep fried tempura batter covered in some SWEET oily sauce, it was inedible to both the eye and the pallet. Next came the plate of Mongolian beef. It's supposed to be spicy, it was SWEET. (There's no shortage of sugar in this place). Then came the vegetable chow mein....there's no shortage of OIL in this place either! The mein was oily to the point of sliding off the plate and it was completely tasteless. I believe the vegetable were previously frozen because they were quite watery and over cooked, over oiled, etc. The waitress NEVER came back to ask if everything was okay, had to flag her down to get the check and then got the "be right back" response again. She returned with the check about 10 minutes later and a to go box for the left overs. It was then that I finally had the chance to tell her about the food. I'm guessing she couldn't tell it was horrible by the fact that most of it was still on the platters uneaten. I first told her about the "Hunan Chicken" and while trying to explain to her why I didn't like it, she cut me off and said, "Oh, I love it". And with that, she was off, never to be seen again. Well, needless to say I will not be back because I don't like paying for food I can't eat. Since no one there asked how I liked the food, I will now say that it was the worst Asian cuisine I have ever eaten.

3  Thank Joanna C
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Haven't eaten here yet but ordered take out for a friend and the number listed above is going to a poor old gentleman fielding calls! He was nice enough to give me the correct phone number. 649-8999.

3  Thank Sedona2Breck
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Moved here from Phoenix in December, haven't had any good Chinese food. This place is amazing. Beautiful décor, friendly wait staff. Overall great experience. We went for lunch, the prices were very good with more food than I or my husband could eat. Great food.

1  Thank Rvers1948