“Great new addition to the restaurant sceen in Cottonwood”
Review of Bonsai Bistro - CLOSED

Bonsai Bistro
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Great new addition to the restaurant sceen in Cottonwood”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Moved here from Phoenix in December, haven't had any good Chinese food. This place is amazing. Beautiful décor, friendly wait staff. Overall great experience. We went for lunch, the prices were very good with more food than I or my husband could eat. Great food.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Rvers1948

Cottonwood
“Tried twice, never again.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The first visit was bad all the way around so we thought we'd try again after they'd been open a while. The hostess was good, sat us right away, very friendly. Took drink order and said they have a full bar. Came back 5 min later to say they don't carry Crown Royal, who doesn't have that? Ok fine, no biggie I just stick with tea. Waitress finally came for our food order, we ordered egg rolls, sushi, edamame, chow mien and fried rice. Egg rolls came right out and very good. Chow mine came out about ten min later, no plates, flagged someone down for plates. The owner brought them out one was pretty dirty she disappeared for literally another ten minutes and we had to ask her again for a plate for my wife. The waitress brought the rice and said the chow mien came with rices so we said ok well take it, so she brought another out. We never saw the waitress again. Then the sushi finally came out. We ordered three rolls and the all came out on some kind of plastic decorative bridge thing that was broken and spotted like crazy. The rolls tasted ok in general but were just kinda jumbled up and falling all over each other. We got a rainbow roll instead of a dragon roll and the owner herself argued what we got, even by the menu description it was clear it was wrong. Not wanting to argue anymore we kept it(same price). Had to flag other ppl down several times for refills. Finally got the check from the hostess and she charged us for the rice that she said was included with the chow mien. I paid it in place of a tip. I'm usually a good tipper and have family in the business so I know the importance of the tips they make so it takes a lot for me not to tip. I would not recommend ever.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Smoke14410
“Great Asian Food is Back!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We've missed having a good restaurant in Cottonwood since Golden Dragon sold a few years ago.

Well they are back and better than ever!! Tasty entree choices, very reasonably priced with quick and friendly service. We had lunch and having wonton soup as a choice was a pleasant change!

All I can say is we look forward to coming back for dinner soon! That menu is even more appetizing!

1 Thank meanmachine19
sedona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sooo delicious!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I was skeptical about this restaurant because i heard they were having trouble at first, but i decided to try it anyway due to my love of sushi, and i absolutly loved it! We mostly got the specialty rolls and they were so delicious i would come back here every week! Very happy this new place is open! I will definitely be back.

1 Thank ljohns43
Winslow, Arizona
“Wonderful addition to Cottonwood”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Dined with my family and everything from the edamame to the sushi was excellent. I am fussy about sweet and sour chicken and theirs is great. Mckayla was our server and she was very friendly and attentive. Prices are reasonably set and we will be coming back.

1 Thank Robert C