“Beautifully decorated #5 Dusk”
Review of Cottonwood Hotel

Cottonwood Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Cottonwood Hotel is situated in a great spot in downtown Cottonwood. The hotel is located within minutes of the Verde Valley Railroad & Tuzigoot National Monument.

Karen on the website made no bones about #5 Dusk being small. The room is beautifully decorated and thoroughly charming. It is refreshing to see an Innkeeper take pride in their hotel including the cleanliness & products they use. I was even surprised when my husband commented on the room and he was pleased. The mattress is soooo comfortable!

Karen made different recommendations for us and we went to Nic's for dinner. The food was excellent.

We would love to come back and sit on the balcony with a glass of wine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Room #5 'Dusk' is the Cottonwood Hotel's only small standard room in the hotel. For $30+ an upgrade to one of our deluxe rooms may be more desirable for most with twice the space. They are also well-appointed with wet-bar/kitchenette, sitting area, wine glasses, cork screw, real coffee mugs and more. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to write us a pleasant review. Thank you!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

After a busy but fun week of hanging out with family, my girlfriend and I decided to get away for a night to decompress (it was also her birthday the week before, and we hadn't really had an opportunity to celebrate alone). I wanted to surprise her and initially considered taking her to one of our usual places, but thought it would be fun to try some place new, so after reading about the Cottonwood Hotel on TripAdvisor, I thought I'd take a chance on it. I am SO glad I did (and so was she!). This was a funky, charming little hotel and was exactly what we were looking for. Karen greeted me us by name as we walked in the door and cheerfully showed us up to our room, pointing out all of its history and amenities. Since I had mentioned we were celebrating my girlfriend's birthday, she had done a few nice extra personal touches for the birthday girl (definitely earned me some points!). Although the room had a ton of history (it's called the Mae West room, and John Wayne had bathed in the tub) it had several modern amenities, too, like DirecTV and a VERY comfortable mattress. Karen also showed us the common balcony that all of the upstairs rooms (all 5 of them!) could access ... it had a great view of Main Street as well as great views of the Verde Valley. She also had some great recommendations for local restaurants, too ... the hotel is walking distance to several great places to eat, and more importantly for us, it was walking distance to the tasting rooms of all three of the local Cottonwood wineries. After doing some tasting and enjoying some dinner, we brought a bottle back to the room and enjoyed it on the lit balcony, which was the perfect way to end the night. If you're looking for an ultra-modern, metropolitan hotel, this will disappoint you ... but then again, you're probably not heading to Cottonwood, Arizona in search of an ultra-modern hotel. ;) But if you're looking for a comfortable and relaxing place to stay with some history, personality, charm, and romance, you will definitely NOT be disappointed in the Cottonwood Hotel. I've told all my friends about it and can't recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: The Mae West room was a great room for a romantic getaway, and the balcony is a great place to enjoy...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun C
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We always appreciate these most gratifying reviews. Just a mention that the Cottonwood Hotel in downtown Cottonwood Arizona is the only hotel listed on the National Register of Cottonwood Commercial Historic District as Historical Places to Stay! As a local historian and historic preservationist, we try our best in recapturing the history, along with blending comfort and modern amenities in our well-appointed rooms. Being one of the most centralized hotels in the Verde Valley, we also serve Jerome, Cornville and Sedona. From the hotel you can walk to the largest section of the Verde Valley Wine Trail tasting rooms and antique shops, plus popular restaurants for dining and breakfast. Thank you for supporting small business. We look forward to your future stay.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here and was happy with the history the property had. Karen really know's her stuff, she is a huge bowl of knowledge. We stayed in room 4 The Mae West Rm. John Wayne soaked in that tub. We took some pics of the room and got orbs in the bed area... The posterpedic bed just melts away all your worries. We visted some local wine tastings and had dinner on the main strip. This place has a nice balcony that overlooks main st. If you are into the ghosts and orbs/sitings then check this place out it is a great place to see them. We did.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter. Balcony at end of hall over looking Main ST.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheDillmans
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you Mr & Mrs Dillman for taking the time to write us a nice review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the historic Cottonwood Hotel and your wining & dining in Old Town. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

One of my friends recommended that we stay at Cottonwood Hotel during our tour of Cottonwood & Sedona, Arizona. My friend had stayed in the "May West Room" and said it was fabulous. We had the most amazing time during our stay at Cottonwood Hotel and it was only a 15 minute drive to Sedona. This hotel has a historical past, was very clean & quiet and beautifully decorated. The hotel is located on Main Street (in Cottonwood, AZ) which is lined with plenty of wonderful shops and great restaurants. The Innkeeper, Karen (and her friend Gregory), were so warm & friendly that we felt we had always known them. Karen is very knowledgeable about the history of the area & the hotel. She provides wonderful tours and wine tasting. The rooms were reasonably priced. Anything you need and Karen is there to help. We plan on staying there again on our next trip, I would not stay anywhere else! Had a great time....Thanks Karen!

Room Tip: All the rooms had so much character!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angelah H
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you Angelah for taking the time to write us a nice review. We really enjoyed meeting you and your friends and enjoyed our short visits together. I was happy to hear that our unit_1 worked for 3 adults, as its mostly set up for a small family. We feel like we've made new friends and indeed look forward to your next trip to the Verde Valley, Cottonwood-Sedona area.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The overall experience was enjoyable. Karen is very friendly and personable. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. A couple of the appliances in the room need servicing. There are several good eating establishments within walking distance of the hotel, and the people in the ones we visited made visitors feel welcome in their town. If in the area again, we would stay at this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Melanie for taking the time to write us a wonderful review. I do wish that you would have made us aware of any appliance that wasn't working. All of our appliances are new. I am still not sure to what appliance you are referring to, and I am not quite sure what unit you stayed in. I am guessing that maybe you might have tried to use one of our induction cook-tops. We do keep the breaker off to those, unless someone request the use, as they are seldom used, but are available. Even though we don't keep office hours 24/7 (reason why we are called Specialty Lodging), we are still always available by phone and do live on the premises. I do look forward to your next stay and would only hope that if something isn;t working you will let us know, so that we can make your stay more enjoyable. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Love this little hotel. The bed was very comfrotable and the towels were very plush. Felt like I was staying at a friend's house! The room also had a large selection of teas, coffee and complimentary water. The location right downtown was a real bonus. I got a chance to see the other rooms, and all were updated and decorated very nicely. Look forward to another visit. Owner Karen was very gracious and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kataz
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us a nice review. It is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again, when you are back up this way. Don't forget to use our frequent customer discount code. Thanks again! :)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thank you Karen for your hospitality. The Mae West suite was exactly perfect for Ms. Brannigan and I. Exceptionally romantic and very well kept and equipped, From the original wood floors to the claw foot tub, even the decor.

If you are staying anywhere in the Verde Valley area on a romantic getaway and don't stay here, you missed the mark. Ms. Brannigan and I plan to return as often as possible.

Thanks,

Marshall

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center, just a quaint hotel. Marked it excellent because there is NO way I could...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cottonwood_Hotel_930, Owner at Cottonwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you so much Marshall for taking the time to give the historic Cottonwood Hotel such a nice review! I was so delighted to hear that our Mae West Suite worked for your special romantic weekend with Ms. Brannigan. We appreciate both your comments and your supporting our little hotel. As each stay with us supports our small business and our continued preservation project, we strive to keep adding to your Old Town experience for future visits. Please use our VIG code to take advantage of our Very Important Guests (repeat guests incentives)... Thanks again. I look forward to your return visit.