“Superb Restaurant - Excellent Pizza !!”
Review of Pizzeria Bocce

Pizzeria Bocce
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We ate at Pizzeria Bocce twice while in Cottonwood in April 2014. Selected the restaurant based on high Trip Advisor ratings. All I can say is "WOW" what a fabulous experience. The location, ambiance, service, food, were all superb. We ate outside on the patio and also inside at the pizza bar, both were fun. The antipasto salad was generous and excellent. The pizza is out of this world good and these folks know how to do it right !!! The wood oven cooks up probably the best crust I've ever had. The location and architecture design is beautiful. The fabulous staff was friendly and super attentive. We will definitely be back at Bocce when in Cottonwood. I give them my highest rating, you will not be disappointed !!

1  Thank Kilgore_Trout_88
HauntedGroup, Owner at Pizzeria Bocce, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us to others. It makes us so happy to hear you had two great experiences. We hope to see you next time you are in the Verde Valley.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently traveled to Cottonwood for the day upon March 17th, 2014. The town is perfectly picturesque with its small town feel, heavy local artistic lean, and very warm townspeople.
My parents and I celebrated my 31st Birthday at Bocce after telling me that 'Bocce was the BEST!' Their claims were not at all untrue. The restaurant has an open and industrial vibe to it with the high ceilings and exposed pipes, etc. The tables and chairs were a shining metal that perfectly reflected the light from the open wood fire stove. It was fun to see the chefs working! The food was perfect in every detail that, as a budding photography, I look for. The drinks that we ordered (cherry vodka and a bloody mary) were a good and cool start to the meal after a day out in the hot sun. The display of food was visually appealing. The food itself (a marg. pizza and veggie pizza) was spot on. The crust had the just-right crispy on the outside chewy on the inside fresh from the stone oven texture, and the cheese tasted like hand stretched mozzarella. It did not taste at all like chain or store bought pizza. The salad was a lovely mixture of greens and plum tomotoes and onion slices, with a hint of lemon and spice of pepper. It being my Birthday, they served up -with a candle even!- the chocolate chip cookie skillet. Our waitress, Willow, was very pleasant, she checked upon us at the right times, and even sang Happy Birthday to me. The cookie was a melt in your mouth delight. We also had a young waitor who was friendly and very prompt at removing dishes and refilling waters. As we were leaving, the fire pit and fire pillar outside had been light, and the swaying chinese lantern lights were also lit out on the front dining patio. It was a very special and intimate and fun dinner at Bocce. Thank you to all for making REAL and delicous food!

1  Thank Jenni D

Wow, we are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience. We are happy that we were able to take part in your celebration. Thank you for the detailed review with all of the fabulous pictures! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I am from NJ. I know pizza. This is real Tuscan-style wood oven pizza. I'm a purist so I do not get a lot of "stuff" on my pizza. The crust is out of this world! We try to go weekly. It's my treat place to go. AND the gluten free pizza really is the best one if you have to have gluten free.

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy that we are one of your regular stops! Thank you for recommending us to others, word of mouth is the best form of advertisement! We will see you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is definitely a good place to grab dinner if you're visiting/traveling through Cottonwood. I'm not a vegetarian but I had a vegetarian pizza and it was incredible!

We are happy to hear you loved our Not a Meat Pie, it's definitely a popular pizza! Thank you for the fabulous review. If you are ever in the area again we hope you stop in!

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten pizza all over the world and bocee's is a strong contender for the best pizza I have had. In the caliber of bianco's in downtown phoenix (world renoun)and the famous beau jobs pizza in colorado, bocee's will not disappoint! Been there more than a half dozen times. Oh p.s. do NOT get the vegetarian, it's awful. Carbon ara is my favorite. Enjoy :)

We are happy to hear you are a fan of our pizza! Although I would have to say that our Not a Meat Pie is a local favorite, everyone has their own preference, but the carbonara is delicious! We hope to see you again soon!