“ITALY in a pinch!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Clarkdale, Arizona
“ITALY in a pinch!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I live in the area, displaced from a real city! Lots of restaurants ( ill use that word lightly) around, BUT finally a real and worth every penny Restaurant! LOVE everything here! The pizza is as good as being anywhere in ITALY. If you are a pizza snob as we are you will be back again and again, its not your local pizza. Salads are great as are desserts. The scene is cozy and relaxing. Highly recommend a visit to Bocce!

1 Thank italiantransplant
HauntedGroup, Owner at Pizzeria Bocce, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We're so pleased to hear that you think we are a piece of Italy! That's great! We hope to see you again and again!

sedona arizona
“I really like the building redo”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been watching the rennovation of this building most of the summer and it looks great inside and out. Love the art deco bathroom with the black and white theme. Especially love the murals of Cottonwood in the old days. I remember some of those buildings, especially the movie theatre. We used to go there.

I had the funghi pizza which was very good. My partner had the Ceri's pizza. Tasty, chewy crust and delectable sauce. We also had the ceasar salad and loved the dressing. Don't like croutons and the bottom romaine leaves didn't have any dressing, but those are just tiny things.

The place is really crowded on the weekends, so if you can, go midweek when it's less busy. The staff was very good and the drinks coming out of the bar looked awesome although we didn't have any.

Another nice restaurant for Old Town.

1 Thank losttango
HauntedGroup, Owner at Pizzeria Bocce, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
You did a fantastic job of reviewing our restaurant - thanks for the great descriptors! We're pleased to hear that you both enjoyed the pizza and salad! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Sedona, Arizona
“Veramente Italiano...real Neapolitan pizza in Cottonwood!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

After living near Naples, Italy, for 3 years we have only found a handful of US pizzerias that serve true Neapolitan style pizza---thin but robust crust, spare fresh ingredients, and fresh mozzarella. We just discovered the newly opened Bocce and were thrilled to discover not only outstanding pizza worthy of southern Italy, but also great service and a refined, casual decor that we rarely find here in our little cowboy town. The pesto veggie pizza was terrific and we look forward to many more pizzas only 3 miles from home. This is NOT American pizza and we say a huge "Grazie" for that. Bravo!

2 Thank SedonaVoyager
HauntedGroup, Owner at Pizzeria Bocce, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It's lovely to hear that we've impressed a true Italian with our Neapolitan pizza! Thank you for the wonderful praise and thoughtful comments. We will always greet you with a smile and have you walking away with one too!
Safford, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Surprise!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that I was visiting the Sedona and Cottonwood area with my two friends for one of their birthday. We were tired, we had been on our feet all day and were looking for a really nice place to have dinner. All of the diners, restaurants that were referred to us, were either closed or empty! If their empty you might take that as a hint ya know! We drove by Bocce on a Wednesday night, and it was packed! The outside seating was very attractive ,and so we stopped. It was full, so we had to wait about 3 minutes for a table. The staff were very friendly. The food was delicious! The service was wonderful and surprising ! No long waits, classy and attractive décor. Loved it !!!

1 Thank Lizzy M
We're glad we caught your eye! Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent visit. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. Come back again soon!
sedona
“Finally! A Bit of the City Life in Cottonwood!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'm going to be honest: It takes a LOT to impress me (ask my boyfriend!). I'm originally from Chicago where the restaurant quality (food, service, etc.) is superb. I don't go out to dinner that much as a Cottonwood resident as the fare is typically just "ok". I'd rather save my money and cook a nice dinner at home. I also travel a lot and am able to get my eating out "fix" at REALLY outstanding restaurants (NYC, Boston, LA, Chicago). Until there was Bocce.

The décor is trendy, comfortable and well designed. I feel as if I've left Cottonwood for the night! The outdoor seating area is really cozy and a lovely place to either share an appetizer/drink before dinner or just have drinks with friends. I am actually going there tonight to do just that.

I am a gluten free vegetarian. GREAT options for those with this dietary need. I agree with one of the reviewers however about the uncooked arugula that was placed on top of the pizza. Not really my style of presentation. However, the salads and pizzas were great (I was with a party of six and we all loved the food). Someone commented on the drink prices being a bit high. I don't know where this person dines normally, but the drinks at Bocce are well prepared and VERY moderately priced! The owners (with obvious experience!) get the demographic of their clientele and the prices overall on this menu are VERY, VERY fair and reasonable.

The night we came (it was a Saturday) our server was "ok". He definitely seemed "new" and a bit uncertain (not sure footed). He seemed to care, but was obviously not completely settled and comfortable in his role. We had to ask to have dirty dishes removed from our table, as an example. And he wasn't well versed on the menu or drinks/wines. I don't hold this against the restaurant though, as we dined here when Bocce was only open for two weeks, so it's normal to go through these types of growing pains.

Definitely check Bocce out! You will not be sorry.

And thanks Bocce for giving me a reason to go out in Cottonwood!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank LoisSedona
We're delighted to hear that we are your reason to head out to dine in Cottonwood and that we impressed you! You did a fantastic job of reviewing our restaurant - thanks for the great descriptors! Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back!