“Mediocre”
Review of The Brass Tack - CLOSED

The Brass Tack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining Atmosphere. Steak and Seafood with a Rustic Contemporary Flair. Hand Cut Black Angus Beef and Fresh Seafood Flown in Daily. Full Bar with Custom Cocktails, Classic Cocktails, Wine Pairings and Cheese Tastings.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant when visiting Cottonwood based on a recommendation from a local resident. We happened to be celebrating our 47th anniversary that evening and had been told that the filet mignon is wonderful. We did not have reservations and did not want to wait two hours so decided to have Happy Hour and then just eat in the bar. The restaurant and bar are not large but the entire place was staffed by only three people. We felt that this restaurant is a "work in progress" and many little details that would make it fantastic were overlooked. For instance, we had to ask about an entree that we saw someone eating but was not on the menu. It was a special for the evening but nobody had mentioned it to us. My husband's filet - OK but not really flavorful - was ordered medium but arrived very red and bloody (he ate it anyway but I couldn't share it cooked that way), we were not given bowls for the mussel and clam shells or the crab leg shells, the salad was a little warm, there was no salt or pepper on the tables, and, WORST OF ALL, NOBODY EVER checked back with us after serving our entrees to see if everything was OK in spite of going back in forth by our table at least twenty times. Also, our server said that all entrees are a la carte and even specified that the crab legs come with no potato or vegetable because it would be "too much food." However, our two entrees both came with vegetable and potato. More training is definitely needed!!

1  Thank ECO1995

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was an amazing find in such a small town! We came in as a larger group of six and were pleasantly surprised with the speed the food was presented and the artistic flavors of the food we ordered. It is very rare to see American cuisine prepared with such amazing talent. I find it hard to say if I've ever had a better salmon, not to my surprise the rest of my group felt the same about their dishes. The only complaint I could possibly have was our server who seemed to be out of place in this environment and inattentive, however the other wait staff seemed to make that a non-issue due to their attentiveness, speed and charm. I find it safe to say that I will return again and again. Thank you Brass Tack!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

You know I was thinking since I enjoyed myself so much, I should write about how great everything was. The service was impressive, something we’re not accustom to in Cottonwood. Just makes you feel good. Makes you feel like you did something nice. The jalapeno coleslaw was whoa! The Caesar and Frog legs were fabulous. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had Frog legs and I don’t remember them tasting that great. It was fun, pleasant, homey, inviting, just an all-round memorable experience. We’ll be back. Oh and the cost was unbelievable for what you get!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I love to try new restaurants. The seating is comfortable and the service was good. The food was out of this world! We had 'created' a surf and turf and added king crab onto our filet entree and it was delicious. Everything was outstanding!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to eat not knowing what to expect and we're very pleasantly surprised. The place is decorated very nice. The menu is small but wonderful. We were treated with a complementary appetizer and bread and herb butter. We did love the appetizer but the bread. It was not very good. I had the chicken and my Husband had the Salmon. Both very good and just the right size. They both were served so beautifully with a starch and a veg side. Coffee and Chocolate cake with ice cream was delish. We will definitely go back. Please give it a try!

1  Thank hmorgenstein