“Excellent casual fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brass Tack - CLOSED

The Brass Tack
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Casual Fine Dining Atmosphere. Steak and Seafood with a Rustic Contemporary Flair. Hand Cut Black Angus Beef and Fresh Seafood Flown in Daily. Full Bar with Custom Cocktails, Classic Cocktails, Wine Pairings and Cheese Tastings.
Clarkdale, Arizona
“Excellent casual fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I love to try new restaurants. The seating is comfortable and the service was good. The food was out of this world! We had 'created' a surf and turf and added king crab onto our filet entree and it was delicious. Everything was outstanding!

• Visited October 2013

Marana, Arizona
“Not your typical Cottonwood restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to eat not knowing what to expect and we're very pleasantly surprised. The place is decorated very nice. The menu is small but wonderful. We were treated with a complementary appetizer and bread and herb butter. We did love the appetizer but the bread. It was not very good. I had the chicken and my Husband had the Salmon. Both very good and just the right size. They both were served so beautifully with a starch and a veg side. Coffee and Chocolate cake with ice cream was delish. We will definitely go back. Please give it a try!

1 Thank hmorgenstein
Camp Verde, Arizona
“Brass Tack hits the nail on the head!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a delightful evening here last night. The ambiance is lovely-well appointed and comfortable seating; the wait staff attentive and personable; and the food...well, you can tell the chef knows what he is doing! He was nice enough to slightly alter his menu to cater to our passion for king crab legs. We ordered a brie and garlic appetizer, but even before that we were presented with an amuse bouche that was delicious-sausage ball nicely coated and seasoned with nice sauce (can't be specific on ingredients...but what does it matter? It was good!). The crab legs were wonderful; and they were served with great mashed potatoes and green beans with rolls.

We also had wine - she had a nice malbec; I chose a Justin chardonnay. Both yummy.

The location will be challenging for a fine dining restaurant, but the last one of that quality was successful for many years prior to the downturn in the economy. I hope locals and visitors alike will give this posh, quaint restaurant in Cottonwood a try. Check out the menu - there are many choices, even if you want to eat light.

1 Thank Lexihc
Sedona
“New Flavor Meets Old Values”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I’ve been given the pleasure of eating at the Brass Tack on multiple occasions, and each time I was excited to try something new. I have that habit of ordering the same thing most of the time when I go out to eat. But with how flavorful and enticing each meal has been I can’t help but want to try it all.

After a stressful week of work it was the perfect place to get away and wind down. The atmosphere of the dining room has a beautiful elegance to it, yet despite that you feel strangely at home and never out of place. You feel nestled at a booth and even comfortable and not cramped at a table. Even the bar has a nice open feeling that unlike some lets you feel like you have some genuine elbow room to relax and enjoy one of the many classic to unique drinks.

I find that eating at the Brass Tack leaves you with an anticipation of “what can I have next?” By far the best experience was being able to spend my birthday there. The service was prompt and friendly but never overbearing or pushy. You always felt attended to and the timing between dishes was perfect. You get just the right amount of time to savor one thing before experiencing a new burst of flavors of the following course. To this day I don’t believe I’ve ever had such incredible food and been left with such a willingness to try something I’ve never had before. I’m more than eager for the next chance I get to go and try yet another brilliant dining experience at the Brass Tack.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank FoxFeathers
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

A nice surprise. As the other reviewers have said it is a little difficult to find. Food is excellent. Top shelf liquors. If you request a table in the bar, only two tables to choose from, then it is Happy Hour all evening. I ordered the filet, which was excellent and cooked to perfection.. We went on Tuesday which is all you can eat King Crab. Also excellent and plentiful. If you are in Cottonwood, 10 miles outside of Sedona AZ, it is definitely worth the visit.

1 Thank Propanegirl