“Worth going back for”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Three years ago while on a day trip to Jerome, AZ we were stumbled across Quince and found that we could have a breakfast or lunch as it first opened. That served my husband and I beautifully because he was more inclined for eggs and I for a burger. So for three years I have been telling anyone that would hear that Quince served me a burger that was the best in my life and I was dreaming of the day that I could go back and enjoy another.

That time came when we visited AZ again and took our usual trip to Jerome to shop at some of our favorite places and eat at Quince. As we were checking out with our gifts the clerk overhead me say that we were going to walk down the street to eat at Quince. She told us that they moved to Cottonwood as they really needed more space. We weren't done exploring and introducing our daughter and granddaughter to Jerome so do we eat at another place in Jerome? No, we were going back down to Cottonwood that was 15 minutes away and come back to Jerome to finish our day. It was so worth it!!

I had the New Mexico Cheeseburger, my daughter the Chipotle Burger, my husband the Cobb Salad and my granddaughter enjoyed a child's cheeseburger. The beer offerings were lackluster and then twice when we did decide our server came back to say that the kegs were empty. Poor planning. Water would have to do.

When our order came someone had made a mistake and gave me another type of burger. I realized that another table had the same problem. Our burgers had been switched, but the owner/chef delivered my corrected burger himself. It did not disappoint. The tasty ground meat was juicy and the hatch chiles burst through with tasty heat. Everyone else grunted their approval of their lunches, too. It was better than I had remembered.

There are lots of wonderful choices and if you are a vegetarian you can get your burger replaced with a black bean burger. I can't imagine that one wouldn't find it hard to choose since the menu is extensive.

I should add that the breakfast that my husband had three years ago was nothing short of perfect according to him.

The relocation is on the main street of Cottonwood in a stucco, pueblo-styled building with plenty of parking. While it doesn't have the quirky atmosphere of Jerome it is easy to find.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant is no longer located in Jerome and needs to update their listing and website! We didn't eat there because we were looking for a restaurant in Jerome.

1  Thank MEPHX
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had lunch with a friend. I had the Chepolte Chicken Enchaladas. They were a bit spicy, but great flavor. The portions were large and the service was great. This is my second visit and I would go back.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Thursday is Taco Night so this place was crowded, especially the bar with football on. Service was excellent, food was good...but not great. We did think some dishes were expensive as an example, club sandwich for $12.95. Husband's burger was rather dry he said but my taco salad was very good. I always eat a little of the taco shell and I will admit it was 'tough' and not crisp. We also thought it was unusual that they don't serve complimentary chips and salsa, only for a price on the appetizer menu.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This restaurant has great food. When it was in Jerome it had a really small, quaint, funky feel. Now that it is in Cottonwood, it looks like any other big Mexican restaurant. Food still really good but not much atmosphere.

1  Thank Jenifer M