“The tastiest ever..”
Review of Schoolhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Schoolhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cottonwood Schoolhouse is closed while we are transitioning to a new building in old town Cottonwood. We are currently serving all of our incredible guests from our Village of Oak Creek Location.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Hi Everyone,
My husband and I live in Sedona. We are both cooks..The Schoolhouse is the best place.. Chris and Laura have out done the resturaunt. The food, the service and the prices are a complete package.. We just had our family here from N.Y. all Italians , We brought them to the schoolhouse. 2 of us are vegetarians, as a vegetarian cook I am always looking for something other than a sandwhich that has peppers, onions and toms..The Schoolhouse has the best vegetarian meals,,everyone was very happy with all that was served. Chris and Laura u and your staff rock..Thankyou for making Tommys birthday tasty and healthy...My husband shares the same bday as Laura..So nice.The prices are awesome..Love love love this place

C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Thank you for bringing your family in! We are so happy we could exceed your expectations and it was such a great time with everyone. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Bet regards, Chris

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary last week at this wonderful little restaurant! They have a great wine list with prices that are not over the top! I loved the menu.....so different with really fresh, locally grown ingredients! We shared the heirloom tomato/goat cheese salad, which was amazing! I had the Osso Bucco with Mac n' Cheese.....it was out of this world! The Mac n' Cheese is absolutely decadent and some of the best I have ever had. My husband had the shrimp and creamy grits, which he devoured. We had no room at all for dessert that so many reviewers have raved about....next time! If this restaurant were in Phoenix, the prices would be out of sight. This is very affordable and a place we will go back and visit again! Someone even called this morning to find out how we enjoyed our meal. That's incredible customer service!

Thank you so much for choosing us for such an incredible special occasion. We also very thankful for the review! We always appreciate the feedback and w look forward to serving you when you are back in town.
Kind regard's, Chris

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Loaded up with a group of friends (four couples) and went to The schoolhouse restaurant and had a blast. The food was over-the-top. Three of us had the buttermilk fried chicken with blue corn waffles and chipotle gravy and three had the filet mignon. The fired chicken and waffles is the best thing I have eaten in a long time. Crunchy fried chicken in a light batter, fried to perfection and non greasy, served with blue corn waffles with a dollop of whipped cream.....don't MISS THIS!!!

Thank you for another great review! We love that we can always bring a great experience to our guests and make them look great for their recommendation's to friends. We look forward to continuing our consistent delivery of a night outs. Thank you again!
Best regards, Chris

Reviewed August 8, 2014

It was only two Friday's ago that we came here for dinner. Now I have the task of checking out another place, or should we come back tonight? My wife and I really like this place. At our last visit on July 25 I had the Pan Seared Diver Scallops. They were so very good. Sitting on top of a rice cheesy risotto and surrounded by a mango sauce made for a nice plate with a wonderful mixture of flavors and textures. Often, pan seared scallops are not cooked to perfection. These were perfectly cooked through out. I know my wife like her dinner too. She will order the shrimp with grits, or the stuffed shells or even the pan roasted chicken breast. This time she had the shrimp. I know if we come back tonight my wife will ask what is the risotto. One nice touch was last week they called me to see how we liked our dinner. My only criticism is that they need to update their website. It mentions some dishes that the no longer have or dishes that have been changed or added. No matter what you have here you will be very happy with your selection.

1  Thank RnCinAZ

Thank you very much for the review and we do apologize if there was any unmatched menu descriptions on the website. We always strive for consistency in our menus and experiences. We always love to see our loyal guests and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Kind regard's, Chris

Reviewed August 6, 2014

One of the best nights out we have had in a long time! Definitely recommend the artichoke appetizers, and the Bucco pork with a macaroni "dangerously good but addicting macaroni" was excellent! The staff was excellent and friendly would recommend for sure! A totally unexpected combination of flavors that kept my tastebuds jumping!

2  Thank Sedonative

Thank you for the review! It was our pleasure to serve you and loo forward to seeing you more in the future.
Best regards, Chris