“Great meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schoolhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Schoolhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cottonwood Schoolhouse is closed while we are transitioning to a new building in old town Cottonwood. We are currently serving all of our incredible guests from our Village of Oak Creek Location.
Sedona, Arizona
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had been looking forward to returning to Schoolhouse to try the new menu. My wife and I were not disappointed. The filet special and scallops were excellent as was the ahi tuna appetizer. The chocolate cake dessert was great and plentiful. The new wine list was appreciated. The service, as usual, was excellent. This is the only restaurant in this area that I look forward to going to. Highly recommended. It would be nice for you to open a restaurant in Sedona, although half the diners in the restaurant that night were from Sedona.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for the review and we are so very happy to see you back on your feet. As always it was our pleasure to serve you and your wife and we look forward to your next opportunity. Thank you again.
Best regards, Chris

Richboro, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Divine! Such attention to every detail.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our first trip to schoolhouse but it definately will not be our last. From the moment we walked in every detail was met with such precision. The food was so amazing. We had a couple people in our group that had food allergies in our group and they made sure that they felt comfortable and even called us on our way home to the airport to make sure we were satisfied. The owners were absolutely lovely I wish I could take them home. I will absolutely be making this a regular stop when I bring my next group back to Sedona and it worth the drive. The chef Chris uses such fresh items on his menus. He also combines them in such a creative way - it's truly art! We felt special from the moment we walked in and from we wish them every success because they truly deserve it!

• Visited July 2014
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our efforts. I am so very pleased we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to doing it again in the future.
Kind regard's, Chris
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Gourmet style, reasonably priced restaurant just a short 15 minute ride from the resort. The food was fabulous for lunch and even went back for dinner another night!

Visited June 2014
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for the review! We always appreciate all the resorts in Sedona sending us their guests. We are very happy that we were able to provide the experience that you were looking for. Hopefully we will see you on your next visit to the Verde Valley.
Kind regards, Chris
Sedona, Arizona
“Spot on, every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I love to have either lunch or dinner here, any chance we get. The service is always friendly and great about refilling beverages, especially when you're parched from being outside in the summer. The food is consistently delicious, and you can tell they use only the best ingredients. I love their Thai lettuce wraps, they are so good, especially when paired with the soup of the day (haven't had a soup yet that I didn't like!) it's a nice balance. Dinner is great, because of the laid back ambiance, and whether you choose scallops or steak, the veggies are always done very nicely and the presentation is lovely. If you can find the room, you must finish with the peach cobbler which is bubbling hot when it arrives, and is definitely rich enough for two to share. You will leave full and happy! :)

• Visited May 2014
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the review! We are so happy to see that people see our consistency in quality. We are truly happy to have loyal guests like yourself. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Best regard, Chris
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Best salad I've ever had in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Everyone was raving about this restaurant when we stayed in Sedona, it is good 35 minutes away from where we stayed and it was soooo worth the drive. I didn't have a bad meal in Arizona, so many good restaurants but School House definitely stands out. The outside doesn't look too promising if ambiance and looks are important to you, the inside is so charming though! They offer an extensive selection of wine (for such a small place) and they have delicious local beers. The staff is super friendly and the food! I loved that the table didn't have your ubiquitous salt and pepper shakers but actually had five little ceramic bowls with cayenne pepper, black pepper, pink salt, sea salt and some black salt I have never tried before and that I sprinkled generously over my salad.

I had the Thai Goddess salad with the smoked salmon and as someone who eats two salads a day I can say hands down was THE best salad I've ever had in a restaurant. The salmon was a generous portion, the salad was huge (ate it all) the greens were crisp and fresh, the avocado just right, the corn and the soy noodles at the bottom such a pleasant surprise. The combination of textures was amazing. I've never raved so much about a salad and I love vegetables!

The husband had some wings and the beef and potato soup and he pretty much said nothing at all because all he did was eat.

The menu changes constantly which is always a good sign of fresh meals.

I would whole heartily recommend it. So delicious and so sad that I haven't found a local place like that in 12 years of living in Florida.

• Visited June 2014
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the review! We are happy that after 18 month we still seem to be the buzz in Sedona and Cottonwood. I am very thankful for the time it takes to review us and we look forward to serving you again in future trips to the area.
Best regards, Chris