“Outstanding Food, Service, and Ambience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Schoolhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Schoolhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cottonwood Schoolhouse is closed while we are transitioning to a new building in old town Cottonwood. We are currently serving all of our incredible guests from our Village of Oak Creek Location.
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Outstanding Food, Service, and Ambience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

What a great place, the entire experience is worthy of 5 stars, Chris and Laura and the staff make dining here enjoyable and satisfying. I have sampled multiple selections from the menu and have no complaints. We have entertained guests from out of town who have raved about this Class Establishment. If at all possible get either the Chef's Table or the Chef's Window Table. Chris will make the dinner that much more enjoyable !

• Visited May 2014
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the review! We really appreciate our guests going above and beyond to support us. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future!
Kind regards, Chris

Sedona, Arizona
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

You will not get better food, service, or chef than at Schoolhouse. Each time I've eaten there this is true. Chef Chris takes special care to make sure the food is prepared with excellence and love. I sat at the chef's bar one night with my husband and Chef Chris made our experience an excellent adventure of culinary tidbits while waiting for our dinner. He is warm, friendly, and an artist with food. We live in Sedona and happily drive to Cottonwood for this wonderful place. It's always worth the drive!!!

• Visited April 2014
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for the review! I always like to have fun with my chefs bar guests. We are always very happy to provide great service and quality to our incredible guests local and long distance.
Kind regards, Chris
Prescott
“It's much more than the terrific food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have three favorite restaurants in Arizona. In reverse order, they are...Binkley’s in Cave Creek, Cafe Elote in Sedona, and The Schoolhouse in Cottonwood. They all are fantastic for their own particular reasons, but The Schoolhouse stands out to me, because of the owner/chef. Cooking great food that is accessible, inventive, and affordable in a charming and non-snooty establishment is a pretty amazing accomplishment for any chef, but I’m more impressed with the attitude of the chef, Chris, who wants everyone who walks in there in on the ride. He is very community oriented (he was arranging a fund raising dinner for a local at the time) and happy to spend precious chef time with a probably annoying foodie like myself. When I first came to dine there, it was almost closing time after the lunch service, when he probably would have liked to kick back and relax before prepping for dinner service. Instead, he spent his valuable time chatting with me about food and restaurants in Arizona. And I begged him to open another restaurant in my own hometown, on the other side of the mountain, which he politely declined. Damn it. Chris exemplifies what I look for when I explore new restaurants - a gracious host that cooks fantastic food in a relaxed environment. And someone who practices (and just doesn't write a check) giving back to the community and includes people in his talent and success. You can’t replicate that, no matter how many stars Michelin gives you. BTW, I have met (and cooked with) Michael Symon, Guy Fieri (the nicest guys in the business), and various other “celebrity” food people, know my way around a Food Network set and am quite familiar with the egos associated with food and restaurants. Chris has every reason to be proud of his food - but really, he’s just a really nice guy with incredible talent who loves his community. So go and be a part of it.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank AZMama
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Wow! This is absolutely an incredible review! I don't know what to say besides THANK YOU! We try our hardest and we are not the best but we do care about every single guest that walk through our door.
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down, the best restaurant in the Valley.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been to the Schoolhouse at least a dozen times and have never been disappointed. They make the absolute best mac n cheese ever, and it comes with a nice chunk of meat as a side dish, lol! The Schoolhouse blows away any restaurant in Sedona, so for all you tourists taking in the red rocks, take a short trip to Cottonwood and try the Schoolhouse, you won't be disappointed! (And no, I don't work there, just love the place!)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Nathan L
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
This is just to awesome. The mac-n-cheese is very addicting to say the least. We always appreciate when you and your lovely family visit us lunch and dinner. We look forward to serving you more in the future.
Best regards, Chris
“We visit regularly and LOVE it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I'm a local and my two kids and I make frequent visits to Schoolhouse. I am a conscious eater, organic non gmo etc. Chris cares about the quality of food, it's evident in the taste and many repeat guests.

C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for the review! We really do strive to provide our guests with the best ingredients we have and recognize the true need for healthy foods within our Valley. We look forward to serving you again very soon.