“Fantastic Food & Group of People who love to cook”
Review of Schoolhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Schoolhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cottonwood Schoolhouse is closed while we are transitioning to a new building in old town Cottonwood. We are currently serving all of our incredible guests from our Village of Oak Creek Location.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just love going to this restaurant for lunch and/or dinner. The chefs (as I call them) totally put their heart and soul into their cooking and the recipes are amazing. This quiet, on the main street, restaurant ranks in the 5 stars of quality/quantity food. The owner Chris is amazing to chat with and really has respect for his community and the people. I have traveled to many places for so many years, eating at 5 Star restaurants and Chris and his crew brings this to his menu and facility. A great place to hang out and eat. Yum!

1  Thank Therock2
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

We try to do our best and we are thankful for gests like yourself!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is defiantly one of the best restaurants in northern Arizona. The dishes are all great culinary creations with a lot of focus on flavor combinations. From their use of organic products to each plate being prepared by a trained chef it is a must try!

C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you for such a great compliment! We are proud to be part of such an incredible food scene. We look forward to only getting better in the future for guests like yourself.
Best Regards, Chris

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We ate dinner here after reading on Tripadvisor. Great meal from start to finish. Lisa, waitress, very personable and we received great service. Part of the bill was going to the firemen in the area after that terrible fire in Yarnell. Very thoughtful of the establishment to do so. I highly recommend you give them a try.

1  Thank NRosenbaum

Thank you we pride ourselves in doing the best job possible and we were able to raise $1,443.00 for the fallen firefighters.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Charming, cozy, quaint, little restaurant. The staff are all very friendly which is always a plus for me. I enjoy a good salad and their selections are delicious. I would compare their food to that of a fine restaurant in Chicago or NYC.

Thank you for all your lovely comments and we really appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a friend who had eaten lunch here and recommended it. We went with our neighbors who are from Canada and are only here occasionally. As soon as we arrived our neighbors wanted a picture of all of us outside the restaurant. Luckily our waitress came outside and saved us from a bad picture. This was a good sign! Our waitress knew the wine list and suggest a great wine for our friend. I went with an unusual beer (at least for me) called Wyld which I really enjoyed. I had the scallops which I usually try because they are not so easy to get them just right. I thoughly enjoyed them, leaving my plate clean. My husband and our neighbor had the osso bucco which I tasted and was excellent. My girlfriend had the chicken dish which she also enjoyed. The staff is friendly and attentive. The restaurant is small and has a great homey (but elegant) feel. Just a great additon to our local restaurants. We are looking forward to showing this restaurant off to our out of town guests.

1  Thank artdeb
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you soooo much for your great review and my wife Laura enjoyed taking the photo for you also.