“Very Impressed so far”
Review of Schoolhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Schoolhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cottonwood Schoolhouse is closed while we are transitioning to a new building in old town Cottonwood. We are currently serving all of our incredible guests from our Village of Oak Creek Location.
Cornville, Arizona
“Very Impressed so far”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It is nice to see a new addition to the many fine restaurants in Cottonwood. The food was superior, we had the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad and Seared Filet tips salad, both were extremely tasty, well done, and really more than we could eat. The seafood bisque was also very good. The service was excellent, as this is a a restaurant that actually seems to have sufficent waitstaff. It is very small with limited seating, so on a busy night I suspect reservations are a must. One very impressive thing about their reservation system is that if you have reserved a table for say 600, when they open at 500, they will not put anyone at that table, which guarantees that table will be available for you. There is nothing more frustrating to me to have a reservation and then having to wait an additional 30 minutes or so for a table to free up. The prices are also very reasonable, with very good $5 wine choices and $3 beer. Our only criticism is that being small they have maximized seating, so the tables are very close together and noisey once it fills up. Great job! We will be back.

6 Thank BongoColo
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you and we look forward to impress more soon.

Sedona, Arizona
“A breathe of fresh air in Cottonwood! Wonderful food, service and atmosphere!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Go enjoy the food! The service is with a smile, and you are treated like family. Worth any wait! The food speaks for itself...and reasonably priced. Go with friends for lunch..have a glass of wine and try something new! Make your reservations for dinner..its the new happening place. You will want to try everything!

2 Thank facials7
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for the review and breath easy we around the corner.
Cottonwood, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best food I have ever had!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After hearing so many recomendations about this place, my husband and I finally decided to try it out. We got there and the atmosphere was great, everyone was happy and laughing. It was nice! When we weere seated we had to look at the menus for about 15 minutes. We could not decide because everything sounded so good! We started with the salmon and crab sushi rolls. I was in awe! They were to die for!! And very big at that. Our main courses were even better! I got the beef medallions and my husband got the mommas stuffed shells. The food was cooked to perfection. The beef medallions were melt in your mouth, cut with your fork amazing!!! I am definietly going back to this place and recommending it to everybody I know. I love this place!!!

1 Thank Xana J
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
WOW that is saying a lot!! Thank you.
Prescott, Arizona
“The Best New Place in Cottonwood !!!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have tried 5 entrees at this new HOT SPOT and each one was better than the other. It's nice to see a Chef cook with such passion . I recommend reservations. I think you'll see lines out the door for a long time to come.

Family owned, You won't be disappointed . The staff is kind and helpful and go outta their way to make you feel comfortable. My only problem is gaining weight !!! Yavapai county now has a clean, family style restaurant for all ages. Bravo!!

3 Thank Mickey Y
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hopefully we can continue to be the best all the time. Thank you for the review.
Arizona
“Wow, Are We GLAD You Chose Cottonwood!?!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just had lunch with my wife here. She'd been here before and was raving about it so yes, OK, I'll go. Parking is a little tricky, as they have a small lot. We cruised the 'hood and found a spot very close by, quickly. Laura greeted us at the door. Since we arrived at high noon, it was busy and there was short wait. I ordered the seared Ahi salad and my wife ordered the vegetarian-ish sandwich with a side salad. Food came out quickly and MAN, the food was delicious. Imaginative composition, using primo ingredients, nicely presented, plenty to eat. We really enjoyed our meals. The restaurant is a classic old schoolhouse and is intimate, so you better like your neighbors. Still, in our opinion, this place is bucking for the best restaurant in Cottonwood. Go early or late to avoid the rush. GOOD LUCK to the owners and WELCOME to town., .

3 Thank ElCazadorArizona
C D, Owner at Schoolhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are very happy we are here also. Thank you.