“Average tasting”

Burning Tree Cellars Tasting Room
Ranked #7 of 40 things to do in Cottonwood
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I did a few wineries one day on our visit to Sedona. This was the second one we stopped at. The place was nice enough but the person doing our tasting was very distracted and honestly didn't seem to want to do the tasting. There was a young couple that stopped in when we started our tasting and he seemed to want to chat with them rather than the couple standing right in front of him. He also spoke only to my husband, never so much as looked at me. I have visited an awful lot of wineries and this was one of the worst experiences i've had honestly. The wines were all pretty good but they seem to have some attitude about shipping wine. I don't know, I don't get it. I say skip it and head up the road to Jerome, there are 3 there and all very inviting and hospitable.

2  Thank pooknnook

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Besides this being my new favorite AZ wine, Burning Tree also has a great setup. A very comfortable tasting room run by great staff only adds to the amazing patio with fire pit and live music on the weekends. They are a small winery and don't distribute so make sure you stock up for the ride home. You will be sad once you finish all your Burning Tree and need to plan another weekend trip to restock the supply!

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I bring a bus of wine lovers up from Phoenix every year and the majority of folks purchase wine at Burning Tree. Great staff and great atmosphere!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

As much as we enjoyed the tastings, we appreciated the time Alisia took to tell us the stories behind the wine names and labels which are designed by local artists. The tasting room is large with plenty of comfortable seating. Burning Cellars is a great place to enjoy some great wine.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Second visit (last here by accident in March) - wonderful tasting of a delightful flight of complex, approachable and very drinkable reds (they also have whites and a rose). The wine is very food friendly. I left with a variety mix case to take back with me as excess luggage for my flight back East. My only regret is I can only buy this here. So planning now for a return in the Spring. Well worth the visit, you will be delighted....

And on Friday and Saturday night live music.