“Hidden treasure in Old Town Cottonwood”

Burning Tree Cellars Tasting Room
Ranked #7 of 39 things to do in Cottonwood
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have to admit I had never heard of Burning Tree Cellars before my recent trip to Old Town Cottonwood, but it was the pleasant surprise of our wine tasting adventure. Their small batch boutique wines are different from the other wines found in the Verde Valley, but in a really good way. I enjoyed speaking with the owner and hearing about their approach to wine making. I also like the unique designs of their labels. The Burning Tree tasting room also features a rather large patio with comfortable seating that's a great place to sit and people watch when the weather is nice. Their wines are only sold at their tasting room, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a good enough reason for a road trip to Cottonwood.

1  Thank Heather L

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the newest "kid on the block". try them .. They are awesome .. We have been here twice ... Each time has been exceptional .. With exceptional wines being poured ... Phil is usually your " to go " guy on the tasting room .... On the weekends , they have music on the patio - it's always great ... Don't miss out on the newest additional to the Arizona Wines tasting experience ... Colibri Syrah ..the Matador .., Mirror Mirror ..... And many more ... Do a tasting , then stay for another glass !

2  Thank AZRAnne
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our group tried a wide variety of their wines and were really blown away. My personal favorite (and the one I brought home) was the Dragon. The owners are gracious with their wine knowledge and the place is lovely. It anchors the Old Town Cottonwood area and has a gorgeous patio too. These wines are world class!

2  Thank KimberLFA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

They pour tastings from two labels. Definitely worth stopping to check them out. There is an interesting art gallery next door as well that is worth a look.

1  Thank Jamaica_Jeff