“READ THE REVIEWS”

Quality Inn - Cottonwood
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cottonwood
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I read them and then was fooled by the pleasant staff....until we told them how bad our room was..then they weren't so pleasant. An empty parking lot should have been my first clue!!! I am not a high class traveler. I travel on a Harley all of the country and I can say this is one of the worst places I have stayed and payed this kind of price. We paid 110.00...I was told on the phone my TOTAL was 88.80 (even that is a lot for this upscale flea bag). And upon check out it is over 20.00 more and no staff available to explain that. Smelled old and moldy..The drapes and dust ruffle looked like they were taken directly from the 2nd hand store and thrown on the bed...the shower was filthy..we showered with our flip flops on and slept in our clothes as we weren't sure if the sheets were clean. Sparse is an understatement. Old furniture, ancient TV and the carpet was horrible. And Candy Moore (manager) informed me that this was a renovated unit. Holy Smokes!!! Seriously?? When I spoke to her about it and explained that I had brought my parents there as it was their 60th Anniversary and we were doing the wineries etc...her response was "you should probably stay in Sedona the next time". There are way better hotels and cheaper. One right downtown NEXT to the winery..under TOTAL renovation for $50.00/nite and was actually cleaner than Quality Inn. Look around before booking here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tanyahofmeister
Candy1000, General Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I'll try to explain this once again (4th time). I have never promoted the hotel more than an economically rated hotel for the area, all hotels in Cottonwood are 30+ years old, we're certainly not resorts in Cottonwood. I tell everyone that we are clean, spacious, and affordable--which I also told you prior to your booking. If I remember correctly, your major complaint was that the bed skirts were not ironed. Seriously, in this day & age? Also, I truly believe for $88 + tax (a hotel never quotes rates with tax included when booking--as a B&B operator I'd think that would be understood) for 3 people to sleep overnight, use the electric, water, linens/towels, TV, pool/hot tub available, breakfast, restaurant discounts, etc, etc, in one room was a deal indeed. Plus, no complaints until after you left. And, comments about other places in town I'm sure was from websites as well. I am confident you would not have rented a room for $50 (tax inclusive, renovated, breakfast) for 3 people! It is 2013 not 1950 after all. Seriously...I don't know what you can rent for 3 people under $100 a day anymore.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Entire visit was great. The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast was AMAZING! Hot and cold items available for people to choose from. The muffins, donuts and breads were all fresh unlike other hotels in cottonwood ( I have stayed at most of them on business) The pool and hot tube were clean and the temp in both were perfect. However, the best part of our stay was the front desk manager Kevin Smith. He was nice, professional and extremely helpful. The beds were so crisp and clean and both had down comforters with tons of sleeping pillows (about 6 total)
The house keeping ladies were all nice, and our room was kept clean. This hotel is the best deal in cottonwood, I travel a lot and for the rate you will not be disappointed! Jessica Laguna Beach, Ca

Room Tip: Higher Level rooms have great views of the surrounding mountians
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jrhouck20
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hi Jessica, thanks for the Great Review! Hope to see you again under better circumstances.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is an older property and our room was rather spartan but everything worked fine and the staff was very courteous and helpful. It was a good value for the money that we paid. This was the first time we had stayed outside Sedona and, quite frankly, it was nice not to have to deal with all the traffic. There is a very nice (but very little) old town section in Cottonwood but just big enough to give a little 'atmosphere' to dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give your review. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The price was right, the breakfast choices were very good, and it was a very quiet location. However, the room we stayed in was showing its age. Pieces of furniture were missing (no desk, the phone was on top of the tv cabinet). Stained carpet with spill beside the referigerator that hadn't been cleaned in a while. Bathroom fixtures were old and had a hard time turning the water on in the tub shower because the knob was so stiff. Water damage showing on the bathroom mirror. Maybe they were in the process of upgrading and waiting on new furniture. If that is the case, it would improve the experience. OK for the short stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Concerned2006, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Well I see the same comments 3 times now in different places! I tried to respond to you but the email returned. This gives me a chance to thank you & respond in kind. Although you state the room was "comfortable & clean" you rated the hotel 5 of out 10 in this category. The Town of Cottonwood is an older community where all the motels/hotels are 30+ years old All are struggling to survive in this economic downturn & therefore most of us have had our renovation budgets cut. We strive to maintain what we have. The King rooms have OPTIONAL desks & recliners in some rooms not all. We advertise spacious rooms--guests usually prefer that vs unused furniture in their way. The shower handle has been fixed--an easy solution would have been to call for maintenance at the time you had problems. The carpet spot is glue which we have tried everything possible to remove (replacing carpet is not feasible at this time)--so not dirty. Comparable motels/hotels in Verde Valley would be twice the amount you paid--especially for a ground floor (no elevators). So many issues--no record on file--why stay 2 nights?? Regardless, Room 105 remains a popular request by repeat guests. PS phone is not TV cabinet due to error of carpet cleaning--forgot to put back under the carpet when relayed--but must people have cell phones these days, did you need to use it or just didn't like it there?

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friend and I just stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was very clean and had free wifi which provided a great connection in our room. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, potatoes, and Belgian waffles along with the other usual continental breakfast fare.Pretty impressive! The bed was a bit hard for my taste, but good nonetheless. The building with the rooms is removed from the convention center, which means it is across a big parking lot. Keeps it off the road and very quiet. It's location means a drive into downtown Cottonwood for shopping, wining and dining, but it's a very short drive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you & hope you'll come back again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I do not understand how the Super 8 can be ranked higher than the Quality Inn. We got into Cottonwood late our first night and couldn't find a room. Ended up being ripped off by the Super 8. The room there was clean, but we paid twice as much for one night there as 2 nights here. This location is quieter, the rooms were cleaner and the price was better. The breakfast bar had a wonderful selection that included something for everyone. The only problem I had was someone had emptied the ice machine before I could get ice. The machines are outside at the end of the building and there was ice on the ground. It looked like someone snuck in and filled a cooler or something.

Room Tip: Rooms are set back from main street running in front so it is very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you SO much for taking time to give us such a wonderful review. I too am sometimes dumfounded by some of the reviews we get! The Hotel is vintage, I agree, but such a good location and off the main road, close to all the local things to see & do. And, we try hard to keep our prices down so people can "see and do" while here. We look forward to seeing YOU again! Mention you posted this review to receive a special thank you at booking!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were traveling with our friends who recently wrote the "worst hotel ever" review. I did see their toilet and contrary to the response it was filthy. In addition I found a moldy banana in my ice bucket. I did call the front desk and the manager brought a replacement however his comments of " oh I guess the housekeeper " didn't look wasn't very reassuring . We asked about a place to order a pizza and he gave us the name of two but they both closed at 8. Cottonwood is not that big that he should have known the hours of operation for pizza.

I just found the room and the service not up to Quality standards. was happy to check out the next day

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chickp
Candy1000, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn - Cottonwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

So sorry you had issues during your stay. The misconception that housekeepers anywhere do not make mistakes is false--they are human and do miss things sometimes. I apologize for the inconvenience. As for the restaurants in the area, as you stated we are a small community & unfortunately, when restaurants make changes, they do not call the local establishments with the updates! We try to keep on top of things, but changes in the business world are constant. And, if we do not personally frequent a particular restaurant you might want to use, we may not know. The rooms have guest directories which do list restaurants in the area with telephone numbers for guest use.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#7 of 7 in Cottonwood
Verde Valley Inn
Verde Valley Inn
#4 of 7 in Cottonwood

Been to Quality Inn - Cottonwood? Share your experiences!