“Don't check in this motel”
Review of Verde Valley Inn

Verde Valley Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cottonwood
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The rooms smelled like molds, we requested for an air fresher, it never came. My daughters kept on itching the entire night! The owner, who is also the front desk is very rude. During breakfast, she would bring out 3 bananas and 3 cinnamon toll. You have to beg so she would refill the breakfast. She only put one plastic cup for the waffle. They just want to earn and customer service is very poor!not worth your money.

• Stayed: November 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Verde Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear mtiam, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay
you had as a result of the odor and service issues you experienced. These conditions are
not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our
Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us
provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had two rooms my parents had to sleep with one person at the foot of the bed and one at the head just to fit. We had to do the same in our bed. The mattress though the night kept falling off the base. The bathroom was filthy I could not even give my kids a bath. The ac went out in the middle of the night it was so hot I almost threw up and my dad ended up just sleeping in the car....when I complained the front desk person was rude and argued with me and my husband... but worst of all they charged $130/ night thanks for the 15% off one room discount.....NOT. never stay here

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank HVKV2011
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Motel 6 was great for me and I have stayed in many of them. Had a refrigerator, microwave and A/C that worked, huge room size and very quiet. I stayed in the back of the motel, it was clean on the inside (not perfect on the outside) and the price was the best for the money that I could find. I stayed for six days and was satisfied. If you want everything perfect...paint, carpeting...this is not the place, but if you just need a decent place to sleep, shower, work or relax this will work.

Room Tip: It's quieter in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MFRtherapist
Reviewed October 9, 2012

No coffee in room, WiFi not good even tho they advertise that it is available. What do you want from Motel 6? A place to sleep for one night in your travels...then this is it. A bit worn, the place is just average.

Room Tip: Average Motel 6
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I’m surprised at reading all the negative reviews of this location, I was honestly expecting the opposite. I’ve stayed at numerous Motel 6s over the years, as they represent great value while roaming through the West. I thought this was the best I’ve stayed at.

Our room towards the end of the motel had been recently renovated, so everything felt fresh and new. It felt as though management took a strong interest in keeping the place clean. Towels were new and even the small lobby smelled nice (some of the grittier Motel 6 lobbies will reek of cigarette smoke.)

I remember spending approximately $70 for the night. Definitely the most I’ve ever dropped for a Motel 6, but I thought it was a bargain given the Sedona location and that everything felt well tended to. We did visit during the off-season.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, or for a room towards the rear of the motel. We stayed there, and had less...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank papupu
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had stayed at this hotel before, it was mediocre for the price. Tried it again and will never repeat. Stopped by hotel early Sat, told Manager we would come back later. Came back to VERY hot room because A/C was off, refrigerator was off and needed to use it. Dirty carpet, hair on bathroom floor, hair under mattress pad when checking for bugs, 12 yr old daughter was disgusted. Moved us to different room, no apology. Went to dinner, came back at 9 to room that was leaking, rain pouring out of ceiling fan in bathroom. Did not feel safe. Exterior not in great shape; trash cans were full and pine needles all over parking lot (slip hazard - no joke). Asked for refund, which we did receive, but try finding a hotel on a Sat night at 9PM. Stayed at the View, a much older looking hotel, but it was actually clean and did not leak!! Never received an apology from Manager at Motel 6 for all the inconveniences. Will never stay there again and will stay at very clean hotel by Bell Rock outside of Sedona.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheeks1986
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Customer service at check-in was minimal at best. Burnt out light bulb in bathroom. 5 min into stay resulted in discovery of HEADLICE on pillow. Manager refused to refund money until the headlice could be confirmed in room despite having been shown the parasite. Room was refunded next day, but overall and terrible disgusting experience. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank 480traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
Best Western Cottonwood Inn
Super 8 Cottonwood
Super 8 Cottonwood
#8 of 8 in Cottonwood

Been to Verde Valley Inn? Share your experiences!