“Really, really, really good. Did I say really?”
Review of Abbie's Kitchen

Abbie's Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 110 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wow. I'm looking forward to going back to Abbie's Kitchen because I just want more great food. If great food is important to you, then at least one evening here is a must. It's rare to find the kind of attention to food that Abbie's Kitchen offers - the kind that really gets me excited to go out to dinner.

Our dinner began with one of my favorite Page Springs wines (local) and an amuse bouche of grilled eggplant topped with shaved Parmesan and crostinis along with roasted garlic and olives. Adorable little plate.

I had the crab cake appetizer. Really good crab, I think a kind of aioli sauce presented in a carved out zucchini and so pretty. The other appetizer was the crispy cheese and tomato polenta with basil. Seriously, gorgeous and delicious.

For dinner, I had quinoa with grilled veggies and pesto and it tasted like every vegetable got the care and attention to really make the flavors come alive - cauliflower, red onion (incredible - who knew a freakin' onion could taste like that!), zucchini, mushroom (which I don't usually love - crazy flavor), yellow pepper - all arranged next to really nicely seasoned quinoa over pesto. All vegetarian and super savory. My dining partner had the red curry tofu with vegetables that was amazing - not too spicy, but flavorful. The dish was gorgeous.

The joke became. "Hey, do you need any salt and pepper?" "Oh no, it's seasoned perfectly."

Ok, then comes dessert. There was a good selection of them, but there was one that brought back memories... Grilled pound cake with strawberries and fresh mint. Oh my. My Dad used to toast slices of Sara Lee pound cake, put canned strawberries in sauce on top with a little spray of canned whipped cream. I can only imagine all the "crap" in that version. Anyway, there's something about toasting/grilling cake that changes the flavor into something else all together. It was so good.

I sort of can't believe we topped everything off with some lemoncello. I've heard from a reliable source that lemoncello helps with digestion of a meal. At least that's what I tell myself. I couldn't resist, and I'm glad I didn't.

Abbie is super accomplished and has a passion and talent for great food. Plating is fantastically beautiful. The renovated home and dining environment is really comfortable with a blend of modern and traditional. The tables have white tablecloths which I really love. There's something about white tablecloths that says, "we know what we're doing here." And, at Abbie's Kitchen they really do know what they're doing. Really, really, really know.

1  Thank Towandaaz

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Eating at Abbie's is like going to a friend's home for dinner - except the friend happens to be a master chef. Between the food and the company of Abbie, Char, and Andy, it is like going home.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stopped by during a stay over in Cottonwood on my way to Flagstaff. I'm from Portland, OR, so my standards are higher than most when it comes to local, organic food. I almost didn't stay because I was in the mood for something light, and I have a gluten allergy. The main guy there said no problem, we can do whatever you want, and convinced me to give it a try. I sat outside in front - the evening weather was really nice. He first served me a glass of the local wine - I had my doubts - AZ wine?? I was pleasantly surprised, and wanted to get a bottle or two to bring with me to my final destination. He suggested I go to the winery a couple of blocks down while I was waiting for dinner. In the meantime he kept my glass of wine chilled. When I returned with my bottles, he brought out a lovely goat cheese/pesto appetizer with gluten free crackers!!! I guess they ran to the store to get them in my absence! Then came the beautiful, yummy salad with gluten-free crabcakes (made from MD Blue Crabs). They were lightly dusted with organic blue cornmeal (i'm sure non-gmo), and were SO GOOD. I've not had crab cakes in years, and I was so pleased to have really good ones. I chatted with the chef for a bit - she is really in tune with and passionate about the organic food scene. The dining experience just capped off a wonderful evening.
These guys get top ratings for food sourcing, quality of food, preparation and taste, dining experience, and service.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Abbie's Kitchen. I love you!

2  Thank PDXchickgrl
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! What a find in Cottonwood of all places! Great food, great service, great atmosphere. We will be back. Plus ya gotta check out old town, one of the best small towns in Arizona.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I went to this nice and friendly restaurant today . We couldn't choose b/w two places so we went here for desserts . The best ever. Grilled pound cake . Hummmmm good. The apple pie great . The owners are great Char and Abbie . The best . If you are in Sedona area this is a must stop. And not too far from two winery's double bonus.