“omg. This place rocks.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stopped by during a stay over in Cottonwood on my way to Flagstaff. I'm from Portland, OR, so my standards are higher than most when it comes to local, organic food. I almost didn't stay because I was in the mood for something light, and I have a gluten allergy. The main guy there said no problem, we can do whatever you want, and convinced me to give it a try. I sat outside in front - the evening weather was really nice. He first served me a glass of the local wine - I had my doubts - AZ wine?? I was pleasantly surprised, and wanted to get a bottle or two to bring with me to my final destination. He suggested I go to the winery a couple of blocks down while I was waiting for dinner. In the meantime he kept my glass of wine chilled. When I returned with my bottles, he brought out a lovely goat cheese/pesto appetizer with gluten free crackers!!! I guess they ran to the store to get them in my absence! Then came the beautiful, yummy salad with gluten-free crabcakes (made from MD Blue Crabs). They were lightly dusted with organic blue cornmeal (i'm sure non-gmo), and were SO GOOD. I've not had crab cakes in years, and I was so pleased to have really good ones. I chatted with the chef for a bit - she is really in tune with and passionate about the organic food scene. The dining experience just capped off a wonderful evening.
These guys get top ratings for food sourcing, quality of food, preparation and taste, dining experience, and service.
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Abbie's Kitchen. I love you!

2  Thank PDXchickgrl

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! What a find in Cottonwood of all places! Great food, great service, great atmosphere. We will be back. Plus ya gotta check out old town, one of the best small towns in Arizona.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I went to this nice and friendly restaurant today . We couldn't choose b/w two places so we went here for desserts . The best ever. Grilled pound cake . Hummmmm good. The apple pie great . The owners are great Char and Abbie . The best . If you are in Sedona area this is a must stop. And not too far from two winery's double bonus.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you're looking for crafted food, there is no better place than Abbie's in Old Town. While a little on the pricey side you couldn't have a better meal. I will say don't go at 6 with plans at 7 as it truly is an experience & you'll want to savor every moment for as long as you can!

1  Thank VIrons
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I booked a reservation not really knowing much about this little gem in old town Cottonwood....Abbie's Kitchen is amazing! The food, the service and the ambiance were more than we had expected. This is a wonderful little place for a "special occasion". I suggest everyone try Abbie's, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Rhonda H