“Try the breakfast sandwiches”
Review of Romero's Panaderia

Romero's Panaderia
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Cottonwood, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the breakfast sandwiches”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stop by this place every morning. They make a variety of breakfast sandwiches that change from day to day. The locals have discovered them and they are gone by 9:00 am. They make a chicken and rice with green chile that is fabulous. Anything with their red sauce is great. Stop in and see Rosa and Hector early in the day. My wife says their apple empanadas are the best she has had since she left Mexico. Why would anyone buy an "Egg McMuffin" when they can have these fresh (hot out of the oven) breakfast sandwiches. When we have breakfast day at our school I bring in 20 or 30 of them and they disappear!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tjake158

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Apple Empanadas”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I came here to buy breakfast pastries for my movers who were delivering our things, and because I wanted to try it myself, and I am so glad the movers didn't want any, because I ate it all!

=) The apple empanada was my favorite, but it was all good! Also had cinnamon rolls, and a huge shortbread cookie, and a sweet bread roll. I crave those empanadas now. Prices are great too! I bought 5 BIG pastries and I spent about $3.50. I couldn't believe it.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank tct104
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Authentic Mexican Bakery”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

everytime I come to Cottonwood, I have to stop by Romero's. It's just a litle place, and you will miss it if you're driving too fast around the curve on your way into oldtown. I lived in Mexico when I was achild and this is the real deal. They have all the pan dulce you could want. Their cookies are really good, not quite as sweet as ours and usually with a hint of cinamon. They also have fruit filled empanadas and some really nice dinner rolls or sandwich rolls. I would think the local restaurants would try to get them to make some sandwich rolls to be different, because most buy sandwich rolls from another local bakery (which is good too) in the area. This mom and pop bakery knows how to produce consistent high quality products at a reasonable price. I will contnue to go there when in Cottonwood, as I love this place, and the town is my "home away from home".

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Danadude
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stop Here!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Caught a glimpse of this little bakery on the curve of the road and asked my husband to turn around. Visited with the owners who were friendly, gracious, and honest when we asked them which pastries were the freshest -- Turns out it was the hotdog buns which we didn't need or want :)
I had a scrumptuous pumpkin empanada and a sugar cookie for the road! My husband had a blueberry empanada but it was not nearly so good as my pumpkin one. If you arein the area, drive a few miles out of the way to this authentic Mexican bakery.
We're certainly glad we stopped!

• Visited October 2011