“Wow! The best Mexican meal I ever had”

Plaza Bonita mexican restaurant
Ranked #25 of 110 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Visited Cottonwood over Christmas to visit Blazin M Ranch and sadly, due to travel delays we arrived too late to make our reservation. Pulled up to our hotel (Best Western) a bit gutted about it and decided to pop into Plaza Bonita for dinner. Best decision ever. We had the most amazing meals, at such a reasonable price and we left feeling glad that our plans hadn't worked out.
The portions were extremely generous, so much so that I took home my leftovers and this suited us for lunch on our travels the following day. Now I need to plan another trip which would incorporate a visit to Cottonwood, purely for my Mexican food fix!
Anyone using the Taco Bell down the road must be crazy!
Great service and unbelievably good food.

1  Thank Griffin83

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I want to to congratulate the chef the food is awesome great mexican spices , I just love it my mother and I went on a Wednesday for dinner we ordered our favorite dishes pollo fundido & arroz con pollo our dishes came how we order them. But one small problem our server didn't really check up on us that was upsetting we didn't get a refill of ice tea until like 10 minutes while in the background we could've hear him very busy talking in the kitchen!!! I'm guessing he is a new server tall guy . We will be returning but not to that server !

1  Thank morgandeniz
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I would like to acknowledge the excellent food, and service at Plaza Bonita Cottonwood, Arizona.
The young man named Esau, was very attentive, and helped make our dining experience very pleasant. All the other staff, were excellent also.They made sure we were content. The restaurant was very clean and will be returning, often!!! Thank you!

2  Thank nataliedemiguel
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Plaza Bonita is the best mexican restaurant in town! Wonderful service, Hardworking & kind servers Clean Place, & Most Important thing Delicious Food/Mango Margaritas, My Family And I Went for My Husbands Birthday, Everything Went How i imagine. We Got a Very Kind/Polite Waitress So We Will Be Going There More than usual. Keep Up The Good Work Plaza Bonita

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I ate here on 11-1-13. I'd eaten there several times before, but not for a while, since I hadn't been staying long in the area. Well, Plaza Bonita is just as good as ever. At Mexican restaurants I always eat basic; in this case the enchilada and tamale lunch plate, and that plus rice, beans, and chips filled me happily to the brim. I've never gone wrong there.

It's a nice restaurant, the relaxing kind, always seems neat. The service there is impeccable, so much so that I recollected it even more than the food. You couldn't have a more polite and efficient waiter than the one I just had (he should offer lessons). It was a pleasurable experience.