“Great food - Great service!”

Old Town Red Rooster Cafe
Ranked #10 of 113 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located on Historic 89A in Old Town Cottonwood. The Old Town Red Rooster Cafe offers a great selection of homemade soups, fresh salads, and their spin on classic comfort food. Check them out on Facebook for their daily specials. Happy eating!
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The menu was simple - yet offered a variety of options for everyone in our party. The food was high quality and well priced. I had one of the best bloody mary's there - nice and spicy!! Great job!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've been eating at the Old Town Red Rooster since they opened--about two years now. Sorry I haven't spoken up about them sooner. Consistent, that's what we like and that's what they are. Always good, always friendly. Being locals, we eat there a couple of times a week on average, both breakfast and lunch. They are pretty much the only breakfast we eat out anymore. My wife is especially fond of the sweet potato pancakes (no syrup needed) and we both crave their thick slab bacon. The two egg breakfast with a pancake instead of toast is perfection!

For lunch, I prefer the BLTMB or the Cuban. BLTMB=Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil. Their BLTA salad is another fave for both of us. (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Avocado).

Usually we have the ice tea at lunch or a vanilla latte for breakfast. Both great. Sometimes I indulge at lunch and get the peach smoothie...with a shot of rum added. Mmmmmmmmm. OK, it's good without the rum, but why not make it "special"?

Cheers!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went to Old T own Red Rooster Cafe with another couple on Saturday. First impression was good. Cute place with country decor, clean, friendly staff. We grabbed a table and sat down. A very friendly woman came over and told us what the specials where and to "come on up to the counter when you're ready to order". That's where it started falling apart for me. I mean, come on, the breakfast items were all over $10. At that price I really do expect someone to come to my table and take my order. Anyway, we ordered and I must say the process was less than speedy. My breakfast was sweet potato pancakes, eggs, bacon and potatoes. The bacon was thick cut and had a nice smoky flavor but it was limp and the fat wasn't even close to cooked. The scrambled eggs were just OK, but the sweet potato pancakes were delicious. Not a home run but not a strike out either.

1  Thank funnygirl1
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a delightful place. We sat on the porch and had a wonderful breakfast, everything is made fresh and all top notch ingredients are included. Not being elaborate breakfast people, we were each able to have a pretty regular breakfast of eggs, bacon, home fries, toast and fruit.

All really good.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Served with local greens and yogurt. Top it with a mimosa, a cappuccino or a Caffè Americano. Try some cheese and wine on the back patio. A favorite local restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

1  Thank Cottonwood_Hotel_930