“Pillsbury red wines are as good as any Arizona wines”

Pillsbury Wine Company North
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Taste of Jerome Wine Tasting
Ranked #8 of 39 things to do in Cottonwood
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a wine tasting room
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was ambling over to the Arizona Stronghold Vineyards tasting room across the street from here when I was pulled into the Pillsbury tasting room by the winemaker/owner Pillsbury himself. Pillsbury wines are not as well known as the others in the state but are just as good. I do not like any Arizona white wines and there is no point in tasting California wines made in Arizona.
Watch out for the servers-I think they name their wines after them-Diva and Wild Child Red. One of them must have been a blend of those two wines! :)

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Love the staff and the wine is good. Make sure to stop in and try the Diva.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

What a delightful stop into this tasting room. We didn't think our day could get any better, but we enjoyed our tasting with Dana so much. Her knowledge and enthusiasm for the wine were infectious! I feel like we left here having made a new friend. Thank you Dana for the wonderful evening of wine tasting!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I've visited this tasting room a couple of times, and truly enjoy the quality wine they offer! It's comparable with the best of California wine, and the owner, Sam Pillsbury, knows his stuff! I'd recommend the wines to anyone, particularly if you like Rhone varietals!

The tasting room itself is very nice and spacious, but yet keeping the casual feel that makes you want to hang around. This is one of the primary spots my wife & I stop at in Old-Town Cottonwood, with its growing identity as Arizona's Wine Country.

The only drawback that I've experienced here, on one visit (and I've visited 3 times), the employee there was not the most welcoming or inviting to stay. My wife and I like to ask questions about the wine, learn a bit, and this particular stay it was as if they hoped to just get us through the tasting and move on. However, on our previous 2 visits nothing of this sort occurred, and were great visits!

Definitely recommend this as a must-stop if you doing the Verde Valley Wine Trail!

1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Very friendly people with great service. It was very handy to purchase a bottle of local wine to take to the new restaurant Abbie's located a couple blocks away.