“Nice 50's style diner.”

Bing's Burger Station
Ranked #17 of 107 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After our Verde Canyon train trip we stopped by Bing's Burger Station in Old Cottonwood. Good food at reasonables prices and great 50's diner decor. The kind of diner we wish there were more of along old Route 66.

There are newer reviews for Bing's Burger Station

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Went in just to see the plates on the walls and a vision of a 50's diner. Food was ok. Not particularly welcoming or friendly (big contrast to most AZ folks we met), but hey, I went in to sit in a booth like I've seen on the TV.

3  Thank Daleslady
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have a sad and tragic story about discrimination in this Nation; I've NEVER been exposed this type of discrimination ever until we visited Bing's Burger Station in Cottonwood Arizona on April 9th at lunch time. I must 1st say I am sure this is not representative of the citizens of Arizona.......THE STORY: I guess when you walk into Bings Burger Stations establishment with two well respected Black women ( Sandra and Dee) who are with two well respected White men Gregory O'Connor and Myself); the service seems to falter once you get into the door. We visited this Establishment on April 9th for lunch and got the coldest looks from everyone once we entered. We were told to sit down at a booth and fill out our menu via pencil and pad; and a waitress (who was elderly) would pick up our filled out orders. I sat next to Sandra, and Greg sat next to Dee in our booth inside the restaurant. There were only 3 tables occupied out of the 10 tables in this place and no one at the counters. We waited and waited for about 5 mins, then our friend Dee took our filled out menus up to the register. There the woman said "I told you to go sit down and I'd pick up the orders" so we waited another 5 mins. During that time a typical family (white family) walked into the door at sat down at the soda fountain counter and were greeted immediately and orders taken. We waited another 3 minutes and again no service. Then I decided to go up with the menus, there she told me that I was suppose to take the orders up to the registers. So 1st we were told twice that she'd pick up the orders then she tells this white man that I was suppose to take the orders up. Hummm, was it the fact that they assumed we were an "Inter-Racial" couples having lunch at their establishment. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...............Forgot to mention we ended up leaving the restaurant not spending 1 cent of our gay dollar. We ate at a quaint Sandwich shop down Main St where we got superb service and great sandwiches.

4  Thank Tim V
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I never experienced race discrimination so this was my first. I went to the restaurant with my Latino boyfriend and two black female friends. We were passed over and snickered at and left the place without being served. I experienced homophobia before but this was different. The restaurant looked clean, the decor and 50s'ish motif attractive. but the foul taste of what we were served is unforgettable.

5  Thank GregOConnor
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My friends just went into Bings who happen to be a gay couple and business owners. They went in with friends of their's who happen to be a black female couple. Boy were they met with rudeness and snotty attitudes just based on their appearance and this establishment was so judgemental. The were instructed to write their menu selections down and a waitress would pick it up. No Table service, long wait times and when they got tired of waiting they took the order up to the counter and were reprimanded and told the old lady would pick up their orders on the menus they were instructed to write down with little pencils

What a "Nasty" place this seems to be gay or not. It seems they hate gays and pre judge people as they walk into the door even though this the USA and all money is the same. Shame on this horrible business practice and I hope this establishment fails and very soon.

4  Thank Ken H