“Great BBQ Goodness”

Hog Wild BBQ
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Description: Hog Wild is at the entrance to Old Town Cottonwood. Our meat is slow-cooked in our 100% wood-fired outdoor smoker over local pecan wood. We can cater any size event and will customize for your event. You can choose from onsite catering, delivery of food, or schedule a pick-up at the restaurant. We feature pecan-smoked baby back ribs, pork, and brisket.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We've been to Hog Wild several times recently and truly enjoyed it. I particularly enjoy the sampler platter as I can never decide which delicious item to order. Waaay too much to eat so double bonus: leftovers! GF enjoys the philly.

I don't care so much for the dining room although the patio seating is nice. We usually order carryout and enjoy it at home.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We also love everything else we've had. Servings are ample,and if you call ahead service is quick. I like pork tenderloin breaded and fried and served on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and mayonaise. If you describe it carefully, they'll do it just te way you like!

1  Thank Lindaspellman
Reviewed February 22, 2014

About 2 years ago we stopped in for lunch. Have you ever had a hot dog cooked in the fryer? We all that is gone!
last month the owners changed as so did the old menu. We stopped in for a quick early dinner and met the new owners who knew how to talk BBQ so we ordered the BBQ sampler. The pulled pork and then brisket was simply outstanding. Now let's go on the the BBQ staple beans, cooked just right with onions and a bit of a nip. Have you ever had potato salad that was just short of mashed potatoes? Well you won't find that here, The small diced potatoes were still firm and the taste was one of the best I have experienced. The place is small so you might have to wait a few minutes or grab a table on the patio but it's well worth it. Oh I almost forgot, they make a mean Chicago dog too.

2  Thank poorturtle
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stopped here as we were doing the tourist circuit in the area. We were looking for a place that included outside dining because we had our dog travelling with us. My husband and I split a sampler plate, my nephew ordered the kids corn dog meal and the dog had a beef patty. We were all very satisfied!!!

The food was delicious. The meat just fell off the ribs. The fries were real potato fries. Best of all it was an easy going atmosphere. And I loved the sink for easy clean up after eating!!

Any place that treats our dog nice is automatically in good with us, top that off with excellent food and we can't wait to brag about it!

2  Thank Chelsea G
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I stopped by and ordered a sampler platter for 21.99 for the 3 of us. It was enough for moderate portions for all of us and provided tastes of ribs, pulled pork and brisket We'll be back on our next trip to the Sedona/Cottonwood area!