“Barbecue Heaven”

Hog Wild BBQ
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Description: Hog Wild is at the entrance to Old Town Cottonwood. Our meat is slow-cooked in our 100% wood-fired outdoor smoker over local pecan wood. We can cater any size event and will customize for your event. You can choose from onsite catering, delivery of food, or schedule a pick-up at the restaurant. We feature pecan-smoked baby back ribs, pork, and brisket.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Barbecue Heaven”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am not even a huge fan of Barbecue pulled pork or ribs, BUT this food was AMAZING!! Myself, my husband and son (10 yrs) all loved the food! We all cleaned our plates! The barbecure sauce is the best I have ever had :) My husband and I shared the sample platter and had just enough food. Great value and large portions.

• Visited July 2013

Cottonwood, Arizona
“Dawgs and Ribs”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place has the most tantalizing smells wafting from the premises, it's hard not to stop. I had a chili dog that was really yummy, service is quick, prices are reasonable. One of these days I'll try the ribs. People tell me they're super tasty.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank LucieB1824
“Pull pork heaven!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The owner was great and the food was amazing. Must try pull pork, excellent. The guys were very friendly. Very cozy!

• Visited June 2013
Peachtree Corners
“Best Barbecue in the West”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We found Hog Wild as we were traveling the area, we saw their banner outside that proclaimed that they had won 1st place 7 years in a row. We could smell the delicious aroma from their smoker in the parking lot; we went inside and were warmly greeted by the staff, they suggested the sampler platter to us at $22 (which my wife and I shared for lunch) and we added extra ribs to the platter for another $5. The meal came with their delicious seasoned fries and 2 sides, we ordered baked beans and Cole slaw as our sides, and the manager insisted that we had to try the potato salad, so he brought out an order for us at no charge, as well as free drinks. The sampler came with ribs, pulled pork, and brisket; the portions were so large we had to take part of it back to our RV for the next day’s meal. The food and the service was excellent! We can’t wait until we pass through the area again.

Bob from Peachtree Corners, Ga.

• Visited April 2013
Colleyville, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good, would benefit from modern POS”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

First, the important thing - the food here is good. The fries in particular are great. We had a Chicago style hotdog and a BBQ chicken sandwich and both were good. The sandwiches were sloppy, but that wasn't a surprise. I would suggest toasting the buns longer. I appreciated the free refills of Coke. Oddly, the fridge behind the woman taking orders was 95 percent empty, which gave the impression that the place was not going to last the weekend. Keep it stocked if you are going to showcase the fridge. The biggest downside was their slow order taking, which waz all written by hand and walked ba k to the kitchen. This caused a long line and the a long wait for the food. It's probably time to invest in an updated system.

• Visited May 2013