“Great bbq.”

Hog Wild BBQ
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Description: Hog Wild is at the entrance to Old Town Cottonwood. Our meat is slow-cooked in our 100% wood-fired outdoor smoker over local pecan wood. We can cater any size event and will customize for your event. You can choose from onsite catering, delivery of food, or schedule a pick-up at the restaurant. We feature pecan-smoked baby back ribs, pork, and brisket.
“Great bbq.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We're from Memphis so we know great bbq hogwild didn't disappoint. We were really excited
to see a huge grill on the side of the building with smoke billowing out. Always a good sign.Of course
we all had ribs excellent, would recommend this place to everyone.

Clarkdale AZ
“Tough choices! All good!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It hits you as soon as you get out of the car...the smell of the smoker in the parking lot, turning out the delicious food found inside. If they made a room spray with this smell, I'd buy it.

Inside it gets harder to deal with...too many good choices. My personal favorites are the pork tenderloin dinner and the pork chop. The tenderloin is enough for two at lunch time. Choice of two sides and Texas toast. Always good. If you have a little more time, try the pork chop. It's nearly a pound of meat. They are cooked to order, so it will take about 20-25 minutes, but if you have some time, it's well worth the wait. Of course the pulled pork, beef brisket and other meat-fest items are tasty as well, and sometimes I have a burger, but the previously mentioned items are my regular fare here.

Closed on Sunday, open until 8pm other nights. Patio dining available and pleasant when the weather is nice. We had them cater our anniversary party a couple of years back--awesome!

They have been open for about 6 years and consistently win at the "Rhythm & Ribs" event in town. (Sorry, I forgot to mention the outstanding ribs...another favorite!)

• Visited November 2012
So. AZ
“Just OK - no way it's excellent! Need to work on the basics.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It took 40 minutes for our order to appear. At one point someone came to the table and said they were just switching to fresh onion rings to replace "previously breaded" rings. He said he had messed up the first batch, so another attempt was in progress. When the order finally arrived, the onion rings were the worst we've ever tasted. The outside was over cooked on half of them and someone had gone nuts on the salt - apparently in the batter. They were inedible. The beef brisket sandwiches were very good, but not excellent. When the restaurant personnel were informed of the onion ring fiasco the response was rather tepid and less than professional. In the future, we'll eat elsewhere when in the Cottonwood area.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank az_tripping
Payson, Arizona
“Chicago Beef Sandwich!!!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place when checking Trip Advisor for a new place for lunch. You can imagine my delight when I saw "Chicago Italian Beef on Gonella Bread"...Chicago Beef AND on Gonella Bread!!!! Felt like I was back home. Visited for lunch on 10/27/12. My mouth was watering the minute we stepped inside...the smells were fantastic. Of course I ordered the "beef". The counter girl thought I wanted the beef brisket...I explained some Chicago ordering lingo...beef, with sweet and wet!!! Translation, Italian Beef Sandwich with sweet peppers and soak it in the au jus. They brought the sandwich to our table and I was beyond excited..couldn't wait to taste. The first disappointment was that the fries were frozen, crinkle cuts...not good! Must have fresh cut real potato fries not frozen!! Took my first bite and noticed the bread was not "wet"..this is mandatory for a Chicago beef. Also, not quite sure the bread was really Gonella bread?!? After requesting a cup of au jus to soak my bread, I was in heaven..delicious beef sandwich!! Plenty of meat and nice amount of peppers. Hubby had the combo beef/sausage sandwich which he loved. Was surprised that no one else seemed to order the beef sandwiches..mostly the BBQ sandwiches. Maybe transplanted Chicagoans weren't visiting that day. We will be back to try the thin crust Chicgo pizza. I seriously hope the owners decide to switch to fresh fries...that will give this place a 5 star rating from me...please consider it!!!

Garden Grove, California, United States
“Casual but tasty”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stopping by for dinner ,the first thing we noticed was the amazing smell of real wood smoke. Next we were met by a pleasant lady who took our order at the counter and directed us to sit anywhere we wanted. We noticed a constant stream of patrons, many of whom knew each other. I ordered the pork tenderloin sandwich and potato salad. The roll was very large and very delicious but was soon forgotten when i tasted the pork. They were able to impart a lot of flavor to a cut of meat that usually is just tender. This was both and everything one would want in a sandwich. My husband ordered the brisket sandwich and thought it was excellent until he tried mine. We both agreed that the tenderloin was the better of the two but would not hesitate to order the brisket again. The potato salad seemed "homemade" and was a nice addition to the meal. Clean, good food , good service and not fancy, this is great place for bar-b-que when taste is what you are looking for.

• Visited October 2012