“Wild for the Hog!”

Hog Wild BBQ
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Description: Hog Wild is at the entrance to Old Town Cottonwood. Our meat is slow-cooked in our 100% wood-fired outdoor smoker over local pecan wood. We can cater any size event and will customize for your event. You can choose from onsite catering, delivery of food, or schedule a pick-up at the restaurant. We feature pecan-smoked baby back ribs, pork, and brisket.
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Found this place after a recommendation by one of the wine guys in town. It is a down-home TASTY BBQ establishment, and you can tell the employees take pride in their food and their restaurant! The prices are a steal, especially for the quantity (plan on sharing the sampler! She warned us, but we didn't listen! :) ) Sure, it's plastic forks and paper cups, but who cares when the food is awesome (and plentiful)? Try it out!

Reviewed December 16, 2010

I tried this place because I believed the hype. I was sadly disappointed. It cost almost $20.00 for 2 cheeseburger baskets. Had the food been good the price would not have been an issue. I will not be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank mello2u
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I had pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw on them (they called it "smothered"). They were excellent - some of the tenderest BBQ I've ever had and with lots of meat. They came on Texas Toast instead of a bun, which was new for me but a good twist on it. The sauce (put it on yourself) was good, but nothing too special.

1  Thank Robyn_in_AZ
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The BBQ here is incredible! Slow roasted, Chicago style - wonderful! Some of us ordered pulled pork sandwiches; some had brisket. No one was disappointed. The combo baskets are a great value and come with a side and a drink (25 cent refills). The garlic fries should not be missed! The family at the next table had ribs and told us they are the very best. Wild Hog BBQ is a family owned (Dawn and Mike West) casual restaurant with counter service. There is seating inside and it also has a very attractive patio area. We will certainly return - next time for the Family Feast or maybe just ribs, or maybe another brisket sandwich, the possibilities are endless.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

Hog Wild was hightly recommended to us so we went to try it and it was Great!! Best BBQ we have ever had. The service was friendly too.