“What an experience”

Ranked #4 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Bellingham, Washington
“What an experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

After some initial wariness, I settled in to a fantastic experience at this wonderful oasis. The healthy breakfasts afforded the energy to last well into the day and the location was excellent, allowing us to see all the Red Rock sights as well as experience Old Town and nearby Jerome. The round trip to Sedona via the back road and the main road let us experience the Lower Loop Road and the Beaverhead Flat Road views. Beautiful clean room with very comfortable bed and pillows. Loved it all. Thank you Sebastion, a most excellent host.
Ross Molberg 3/27/14

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ross M
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Yes, we do have a few guests who show up at our door with a certain look of concern! As we let them in, show them around, that look typically changes to one of happiness! We are an oasis in the desert here at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, thanks for noticing!

Our central location enables you to be within 15 minutes of anywhere in the Verde Valley (Cottonwood, Clarkdale, Jerome, Camp Verde, Cornville and Sedona)

We are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon. Sebastien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Comfortable bed and great shower, but overpriced. Continental breakfast was not great. TV in room was old, not flat screen and did not work. No heat in our room, though we did get a space heater when we mentioned we were cold. Also got a power strip when we pointed out that the room had just one outlet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank J0yce98
I am glad you thought that the bed was spacious and comfortable and that the shower was great. I am sorry that you felt that we were overpriced as we believe that our prices compared to other local options are very competitive.

Since your stay, we have added a hot item to the menu which is typically a quiche. Come back and stay with us again, you'll notice our improvements.

I am also happy to hear that your issues during your stay were quickly resolved. (The power strip and the supplemental heat)

We hope to see you again soon. Sebastien
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Comfortable bed and great jacuzzi & shower..... But room was not what is pictured on the website. For what we paid, I don't think a continental breakfast is enough. Rooms were clean and private. No flat screen TV in the room

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Catscnr
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry that you felt you did not get what you paid for. Since your stay, we have added a hot item to the menu every morning. Please come back and have a bite of our wonderful quiche.

If you would like to discuss your stay more in depth, do feel free to email me at desertrosebandb@hotmail.com or call me at 928-646-0236

Minnesota
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was traveling alone and wanted a quiet place to come to. I got the compact room, which was actually compact. It was just a bedroom with a very comfortable king sized bed. There was no TV - this is good for you. The bathroom was in the hallway and I would've shared, but it was the off season so I was the only guest using it while I was there. Breakfast was great - it is just like a continental breakfast, except if you really want something (like eggs), maybe just ask for them the day before. I'm not much of a breakfast person so toast and fruit was good for me. Of course any day you wake up to the coffee made for you is a good day. The grounds were beautiful and well kept up. The livestock were cute, but didn't want to hang out with me. I read some great reviews and some negative reviews on here before I booked. Basically, this place is like staying with a very amazing relative that you have no obligation to hang out with and will still make you breakfast. If you constantly need things or need someone to greet you every time you walk in - you will be better serve at a motel. This is be more like a home away from home. Betty was very amazing, warm, and kind. Thank you for an amazing, quiet and beautiful place to stay.

Also, the drive into Sedona or Jerome are both amazing. I spent most of my time in Sedona and this location didn't bother me one bit!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank yippie22
Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful stay with us at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. We do try to make people feel comfortable and it is very quiet! We sure hope you come visit us again soon.

Since your stay we have added a hot item to our menu which typically is a quiche or eggs.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Though at first I was apprehensive of the location, I was in for a big surprise. The beds are large and amazingly comfortable and the service was astounding. We only stayed for one night but it's certainly a night that was worth my time and my money. You definitely get the service beyond what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Treanna N
Yes, I know, many people are apprehensive when they pull up to our place because we are in a typical rural Arizona neighborhood which has a mixture of homes within it. We can only control our 1.5 acres and not the surrounding properties. All our rooms do have KING beds and they are super comfortable as you pointed out.

SERVICE BEYOND WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Thanks, we do try to go above and beyond for all our guests. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come soon and for longer next time.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Desert Rose. We felt very comfortable and my daughter really loved feeding the llamas in the backyard. We enjoyed the living room where we were able to watch a Christmas classic movie with my family. Continental breakfast was very good with lots of healthy choices. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Patty C
It always makes me extremely happy when we get guest reviews like yours because as you pointed out and noticed, we try to do all that we can to make guests feel special and give each guest as much attention as they require.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again soon. Sebastien.
Payson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was our 2nd time and we found it to be very pleasant just as much as the first time. I always feel very comfortable at The Desert Rose B&B.
They are very welcoming and make you feel special. I especially love the wonderful fresh berries that are waiting for us at breakfast. The living room area is one of m favorite places to relax after a long day of sight seeing in either Sedona or Jerome. Nice big couch and television to catch up on the das events. The Llamas out back are adorable and I love to watch them frolic. Our room was very large, plenty of room. Nice and coz, We had a great time!!

Room Tip: We stay on the lower level due to m hubbies disability and the are always very accommodating